Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Iannone doubts Marc Marquez rivalry in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Iannone doubts Marc Marquez rivalry in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Iannone doubts Marc Marquez rivalry in 2013

Italian Andrea Iannone doubts he will be able to renew his rivalry with fellow MotoGP rookie Marc Marquez in the 2013 world championship. Iannone and Marquez had some memorable battles in the Moto2 class in 2011 and 2012, but both are preparing for very different challenges in their first MotoGP season. Iannone is part of Ducati’s bid to bounce back from a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 January 2013 16:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

laguna

Definitely cemented rossis god like status in north america. Most american sports fans had heard about rossi, but he didnt set the world on fire in 05,06,and 07 in the usa. After stoners dominant year in 07 america knew what he could do at laguna. And in 08 stoner dominated practice and qualy by 1 second! That left a lot of americans wondering what was so special about the doctor. Americans love the underdog and the love when wily veterans outfox hotheaded youngsters. Even matt mladin the rossi of ama said that what rossi did was impossible. Fans were treated to the greatest racer of all time running the greatest race of his career. After that america knew why rossi was so special. Casey also cemented his status that day...incredible talent, but a sore loser, and disrespectful to a legend of the sport. Maybe that is one of the reasons for the arguments. I dont how it works in europe, but in north america legends of sport enjoy an elevated status. You are allowed to beat them if you can but it is frowned upon to be disrespectful to those who will finish above you on the all time stats list. Its probably down to the fact that we have no king or queen here so we need to deify someone

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I thought this thread was about Andrea Ianone aka Crazy Maniac Joe? And IMO if nr29 gets the same Duc as the other 3 Duc riders? I will not be at all surprised if he finishes his rookie season as top Ducati rider.Yes i am an Ianone fan. Talent combined with a verry good fighting spirit. Remember, he wasn't riding a Suter or a Kalex in Moto2 but still gave Pol and Marc a really hard time.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

now we get down to it

I don't object to your stupidity, wosi, you clearly can't help that, it is your malice I find unappealing, and for all your pretence about just winding people up this is what comes through.

I have no problems with you exalting rossi to the skies, his achievements merit as much praise as you care to mete out, and again as I have never disputed his career dwarfs stoner's

Any psychological speculation I indulge in would now be almost as amateur as yours, but why does a middle aged fanboy such as you have such a deep psychological need to believe that his hero "breaks" his competitors (as well as beating them, at which he is very good  and which surely should be sufficiently satisfying for you),  to the extent of gleefully gloating about a rider becoming ill?  It is this aspect of the laguna seca 2008 mythology to which I object, and why I responded in this thread, particularly with your fellow rossi cultist trying to extend the fantasy to apply to jorge lorenzo. If rossi genuinely had affected stoner to the extent of him becoming pyschiatrically disturbed in 2009, why exactly would this be a good thing in any case?

If you really actually listen to stoner's reasons for retiring, the main one was that he no longer wished to compete in a sport for the entertainment of a fanbase which included a significant component of people such as you.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

What you must realise DF

Is Wosi is a fat, bald, fifty something bloke from Nottingham who's setup analogies revolve around the rebound factor of his laziboy release lever. 

At all times he must be treated for what he is; a clown with a yellow staining incontinence issue. 

That said I like Wosi, he may be one dimensional (LS 2008), but considering his pickings are so thin he fights his slither of a corner well - albeit rarely with basis.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

doohan

Dont take any of this seriously mate. Its all bullshit anyways. Stoner's great and i dont like him. Rossi is great and i like him...simple as. I do prefer having an actual conversation about racing but feel thst anytime i offer am opinion, someone will isolate a few words in a paragraph and then go on a personal, name calling , rossi stoner mud slinging contest. So i have said.....allrighty then why bother trying to actually talk about the beauty that is a freaking prototype race missle flying around a track!! Cheers all and cannot wait till tues!!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Seeing as we've got the chair out DF..

Why is it that you object so much to implication that Rossi has affected Stoner? That psychologically, he's been exposed as weak and decided to retire rather than put the record straight?

Does it ring a bell that is perhaps a little too close to home in doohanfanworld? Which I must say, seems to be a rather comfortable place set high in the clouds, no doubt feathered by Mummy & Daddy doohanfan to ensure their little chick-e-dee avoided the darker side of life and it's realities?

You come to MCN with a book full of Latin verbs, looking for easy pickings to entertain yourself and masquerading under the thinest transparent veneer of obective comment, while looking down your nose and calling people stupid?

No..you don't object to that, or poor little Casey Stoners similarly sneering fight to right the perceived wrongs he's been dealt in an attempt to gain the respect he thinks he's due?

If you took those holier-than-thou blinkers off for a minute Pal, you'd see that it's all been one way traffic for the last two years. Rossi has been the butt end of much malicious laughter & shcadenfreude..just ask big brain #1.

Wosi and a few of his ilk have constantly been on the back foot, sheilds raised against the slings & arrows. Nobody has been exalting rossi to the skies because the results haven't been there and, despite what you think you know, we're not that stupid. It has been a defensive campaign with the odd raid under cover of night.

Now your boy has quit in a huff, beaten by his team mate without retaining the title, Valentino is back on a good bike..and you want us to play fair? Hahaha..sorry, it's not sufficiently satisfying.

I told you about having to get down in the gutter, not to take this place too seriously and explained I'd make it a mission to spank your lilly livered sorry arse if you didn't come clean about your humourless fanboy back flipping..and so it comes to pass with your sniveling last post.

I suggest you go and stand in the corner facing the wall and have a good hard think about whether this particular sandpit is too rough for you.

There are a few sites out there that will no doubt suit your long winded verbals and whining disposition a lot better.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Stoner Breaks

Say what you will doohan, after Laguna 2008 Casey threw the lead away twice, and then came 4th, all but ending his title chances. You claim to be a smart guy so don't insult your own intelligence by claiming Stoner wasn't affected by the LS race, and that had it been Rossi that did what Casey did... well you know where that's going.

Then Germany last year and the subsequent 8th really just confirms what we all suspected. The pressure gets to Casey.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Wosi-troll .. is it true???

Do you need someone to send for social services and a crane to rescue you from your Rossi shrine?

Don't  be embarrassed to ask for help - it's the first step in the long road back into normal society.  But it's worth taking that journey for that time when you look back and exclaim "God - what a muppet I was!"

But while you are in cloud cuckoo land you may want to predict the Rossi record for his next 2 years at Yamaha.  In particular do you think he will have succeeded if he takes victory in 15 races and picks up a championship?  Or is that the record of a loser and Valentino will do much, much better of course?

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Your post at 05:44     -   in a nutshell mate - in a nutshell.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

reaping and sowing wosi

Not that I don't give you credit having thrown abuse for having stuck around to fight your corner, as nostradamus your old adversary obviously does.

It would seem the most pressing issue in motogp, despite stoner's retirement, is still that everyone needs to know what a prick he is/was. Please give examples of my similar attitude towards valentino, even admitting that there is not much reason for anyone to have attitude towards him.  Valentino himself has admitted the ducati was just not the bike for him, showing more grace than his fans such as you.  Stoner is obviously not nearly as gracious as valentino, but this does not change that he still copped rather a lot of what on all evidence now appears to be rather unjustified criticism.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices