Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Iannone doubts Marc Marquez rivalry in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Iannone doubts Marc Marquez rivalry in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Iannone doubts Marc Marquez rivalry in 2013

Italian Andrea Iannone doubts he will be able to renew his rivalry with fellow MotoGP rookie Marc Marquez in the 2013 world championship. Iannone and Marquez had some memorable battles in the Moto2 class in 2011 and 2012, but both are preparing for very different challenges in their first MotoGP season. Iannone is part of Ducati’s bid to bounce back from a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 January 2013 16:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

huge

Still not convinced casey didn.t leave because rossi was back on a good bike, the rivalry shouldn't be underestimated

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm not too sure that any rider in his prime would leave due to an old hand getting a great ride again especially after the rider in his prime has seen what the old hand could do on the bike he left. Would that really bother you?

I truly doubt it.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

LaceypantsCasey

defender of the faith, no need to worry about Stoner, 'eel' be on pole most of next season, problem is his pole with have a nylon line and a bent hook on the end, 'cos he's gone fishing' and he's h i s t o r y, apart from his fun drive in a V8, he knows his 'plaice', 'eel' be 'floundering'  mid pack, in that, so chin up, it's not long till Tuesday.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

cornfed

You redefine the word 'boring'.

Take a bow son, take a bow.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

pure coincidence rossi moving to yam and casey leaving licking his wounds and you can take that to the bank eh pacey????............

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

huge

Vale never bettered Caseys WC's while they were on factory machinery and never came close to Caseys wins/podiums.

And the cherry on top of the already placed icing is Vales dismal effort/results aboard the Duke.

You really are pathetic bud. Is 'cornfed' your offspring by any chance?

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Good grief

I come to a thread about Iannone vs Marquez and find all the usual dung-beetles pushing their tiny balls of crap about Stoner around the place.  I guess when you have no other purpose in life, you have to stick to what you know, eh?

But let's cut the complete and utter BS about Stoner 'leaving' because of Rossi getting back on a performance-enhancing bike: we have it on record - Nakamoto himself - that Stoner's decision to quit was made as soon as he won the WC for Honda at P.I. in 2011.  That decision was made when Stoner was king of the heap.  Rossi was (and remains) totally unwanted by Honda and Yamaha weren't going to find him a factory bike either, he was apparently stuck at Ducati where he was unlikely to ever take a win even with Stoner gone from the field and a 20-second start advantage applied. Anybody who denies this fact is obviously ignorant, or sufficiently mentally deficient to imagine that continued shouting of a complete lie will eventually be considered the truth. 

Stoner rode out his contract with Honda and did the decent thing by not announcing his retirement until HRC had its ducks in a row for Marquez. Yamaha wasn't interested in Rossi as anything more than another grid-filler on a satellite team until Spies actually quit their team.  Rossi owes his continued racing career firstly with Ducati (when he had nowhere to go) to Stoner moving on and now to Yamaha marketing wanting a popular sock-puppet, with Rossi's chances of getting a sniff of the podium vastly enhanced by Stoner leaving. 

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

1986VFR750

Two things       1. didn,t know you were in Canada.      2. was trying to support you statement.

Shan't bother in future.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Goodness gracious..great balls of crap.

Ben Spies was pushed, he didn't jump, and it was Rossi who gave him the shove.

Do you honestly think he quit, to ride for BMW in WSB at first, then the Ducati junior team?..sure thing Farnarkle. He was told at Mugello Rossi was replacing him and spat the dummy.

He knew what was required pre-season and didn't bring home the bacon. Yamaha were in a quandry, keep the underperforming American and look stupid with accusations of passport favoritism, or promote Crutchlow/Dovi..until Rossi made it clear he was leaving Ducati.

They pulled his arm off mate, much to the displeasure of Jorge, who wanted a soft team mate..Ironic isn't it.

He could have had a works RCV too, but never considered going back to the Repsol team or indeed Honda, because of the bad feeling when he left 2003 and because of their promise to 'crush' his career and prove it was the bike, not him, that had made the difference. Typical HRC. Didn't work out too clever for them did it?

Are you seriously stating that in 2009/10 when the deals were cut for 2011, Rossi had nowhere to go but Ducati? As reigning champ for the two previous years?..bit of a fanboy cliche that one n'est pas?

I'll have a fiver that dung-beetles push Orange balls of crap in your neck of the woods. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

saturn

My sincerest apology.... I misunderstood the tone of the post

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

No db our Wosi

You are certainly not one of the dung-beetles, Wosi, you are the mother-lode.  However, take heart- manure has a positive aspect to it once broken down to nutrients. 

"Are you seriously stating that in 2009/10 when the deals were cut for 2011, Rossi had nowhere to go but Ducati?"

Yep, I certainly am, got it in one. Honda wouldn't have been arsed to find him a bike even if they had a dozen out the back in crates; Yamaha had decided that it was Jorge not their other bloke for the future (and have made it very clear that Rossi comes back into the team on the basis of getting second shot at the toilet-paper, even if it's the same toilet-paper.  He might have got into LCR using a false name and moustache except that  Excrementa wanted the moto2 champion there.  HRC had refused to give him a bike for a private team as had Yamaha.  So it was Ducati or, possibly, Royal Enfield.  

In hindsight, Rossi should have maybe gone with the Royal Enfield option, since he rode the Ducati as if it was one.  At least that way he'd have avoided the shame of being compared against Stoner and failing so monumentally to even scrape up any crumbs Stoner had left behind..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle