Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Iannone doubts Marc Marquez rivalry in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Iannone doubts Marc Marquez rivalry in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Iannone doubts Marc Marquez rivalry in 2013

Italian Andrea Iannone doubts he will be able to renew his rivalry with fellow MotoGP rookie Marc Marquez in the 2013 world championship. Iannone and Marquez had some memorable battles in the Moto2 class in 2011 and 2012, but both are preparing for very different challenges in their first MotoGP season. Iannone is part of Ducati’s bid to bounce back from a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 January 2013 16:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You're kidding me, right?

I mean 2006..even a little known Australian serial crasher who finished a couple of points in front of Elias on the same bike in 8th was offered a Yamaha factory ride, apparently, until fun luvvin criminal Rossi got wind what a party pooping dullard he was and put the kybosh on the move.

Btw..that insect hobby you've got, you're gonna have to drop it and find something a little less nerdy, if you want to go out with some girls.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

doc wosi

You provide  a constant invitation to mix metaphors  wosi. One trick pony, clutching at straws, re-clutching already broken straws, last straw are some which immediately spring to mind in regard to your input in recent threads.

How is it that stoner on the terrible gp09 for which he was the only midwife still managed a faster lap in winning at qatar in 2009 than rossi did when winning on a yamaha with 12 months more amazing yamaha development at qatar in 2010, apart from postremo applying to comparisons which favour riders you don't like but not to comparisons which favour riders you do like.? How did Stoner despite his terrible fear of rossi and complete loss of bottle after laguna seca 2008 manage to win the wet/dry mugello race by the unfair expedient of making up 10 or more seconds on lorenzo and rossi in the 2 or 3 lap changeover period when conditions were at their most treacherous?.

Do you think it is possible that some of the increase in speed in 2011 could have been due to stoner getting on a factory hrc bike, given that he was immediately faster than dani pedrosa in the 2010 post-season test, hampered by lack of familiarity with the bike though he obviously must have been by your previous argument?

Given your certainty in making clinical diagnoses on Stoner via race broadcasts, am I to assume that your recent references to  doc martens are to your medical expertise rather than to items of footwear?

I would say there is fairly good evidence that Mr Stoner does not like Mr Rossi, in which case I guess rossi has gotten under his skin. Mr Rossi would appear to entirely reciprocate the dislike, suggesting Stoner has gotten under his skin. But given your constant references to him even in his retirement stoner would appear to have gotten under your skin most of all.

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

I'm kidding you not

Ah yes, the famous Rossi rejection complex - and boy, didn't that one work out well for him? (Rossbert, I mean). If he'd had Stoner in the same pit box, he could have stamped his little foot - though having choked the WC in '06, Yamaha might have been just a wee bit unsympathetic - and made sure Stoner rode with only three plug leads on, or some similar equalising factor.  Not that that worked when Lorenzo hit his straps and Yamaha realised that the Rosser was basically a fond memory (ok, a not very fond memory, but you know what I mean, I'm being gracious to old daisy-pants there). 

Instead, Rossi had to watch impotently as Stoner soared off into the legend history books, with the awful truth that Stoner had out-ridden him while on a bike he found he couldn't manage and that scared him shitless when he finally tried it still to come. A bit of a double-oopsy, really. 

Oh, and thanks for the heads-up re insectaphobia, I appreciate it, though nowadays I leave going out with girls to my grandchildren and concentrate on going out with women.  When you graduate to long trousers and stop dreaming that one day your little yellow prince will come (or at least breathe quickly and lie to you that you were wonderful) you should try to hook up with one - they're so much more interesting, and they buy me drinks and take me for long romantic rides to exotic locations  in their fancy cars or helicopters.  In your case it'll probably be out the back of the pub and into their camper vans but eventually, you will lose you virginity and the real world will become so much clearer to you. 

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Dfan, you have it so right

Rossi will take to the grave the butt-fuck of Stoner telling him his ambition outweighed his talent.  He admits it! - well, how could he do otherwise, it summarises Rossi's time on the Ducati in the most memorable comment of the last decade in motoGp. 

Stoner responded to Rossi's 'that's racing' iat L.s. '08  by wiping the floor with Rossi over the same period - most noticeably, by playing with Rossi at P.I. in 2009 and breaking him - by Rossi's own admission.  On the dreaded Ducati, on which Rossi, an acknowledged master of P.I. only finished one of his two races at P.I. and could only manage a best of 37 seconds plus behind Stoner when on a Ducati.

Revenge is a dish best eaten cold - and Stoner was able to spit ice-cubes in Rossi's face. Rossi isn't even the best of what's left after Stoner's period in motoGp - that is Lorenzo.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Wosi

I see you're still a moron.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Crikey..

..wave after wave of hurt crashing through the ozone at the prospect of years in the MotoGP widerness, butt-fucked by a guy who went home to wash nappies. Don't really fit with the nations sporting demands for it's heroes, does it?

Forget all the mental fragility that Rossi exposed, the suspect intelligence that dictated a one dimensional approach and the lazy work ethic combined with a sickly constitution...the single most telling own goal is that Casey Stoner won absolutely nothing when he had to yank a throttle cable.

The kid sure was a master at getting the best out of the rider aid electronics that negate skill, the first of the playstation generation. Can you imagine the carnage if he had to take responsibility and ride a 500? Still..it would probably have stood him right for another very early retirement and a new career in base-jumping.

Keep sipping the Fosters at grab-a-granny Pal. 

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

yes wosi

It is really reprehensible of Stoner to have not undertaken the challenge of riding a 500, given he was 15 at the time of the last championship win by a 500 gp bike  in 2001.

Sure it reflects even more credit on rossi that he won championships on a 500 as well as on all those other bikes; I have never had any problem acknowledging that.

I have no bitterness concerning stoner's retirement, or relative lack of success if only in comparison with valentino; I did not expect another australian contender so soon after doohan, and would have been happy with him winning just the 1 title if there had not been such argybargy surrounding it, as I was with wayne gardner's single title win. What I don't get is why you can't just be happy with valentino's enormous success, and so begrudge any success by other riders. I can't say I would have minded if valentino hadn't managed to surpass mick doohan, but he did and  all credit to him, as mick himself has given him.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

I sure can.

Can you imagine the carnage if he had to take responsibility and ride a 500?        

I just have to think 2006 when he did not have his playstation. Back then he went by the name Rolling Stoner too.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Wosi

You alone know why you persist with this aimless ranting

Forget all the mental fragility that Rossi exposed, the suspect intelligence that dictated a one dimensional approach and the lazy work ethic combined with a sickly constitution...the single most telling own goal is that Casey Stoner won absolutely nothing when he had to yank a throttle cable.

Is this something akin to the mental fragility of a rider whose political maneouverings are geared towards establishing a team set up that ensures he doesn't have a strong, never mind equal, team mate, or that said team mate doesn't get equal equipment. Or builds walls. Surely the sign of mental fortitude is someone who is prepared to take on another with equal odds, not a stacked deck. Certainly not someone who runs when he's told the deck will be straight from now on.

Of laziness, this is the same Rossi we're talking about is it? The who one ducked most of the tyre testing through partying and left it all to Edwards.

The kid sure was a master at getting the best out of the rider aid electronics that negate skill, the first of the playstation generation. Can you imagine the carnage if he had to take responsibility and ride a 500?

You're career as a comedian is faltering with material like that  - it's been said before and there are quotes from Burgess saying how happy he was that Rossi eagerly accepted all the electronic toys on his 500 that Doohan had never let them fit. Burgess finally got to play with them. Look it up.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Hugelean

pure coincidence rossi moving to yam and casey leaving licking his wounds and you can take that to the bank eh pacey????............

Think back to 2010 and substitute Lorenzo's name for Rossi's and Rossi's name for Stoner's.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices