Skip to content

Discuss This Ever held on to a piece of kit too long? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Ever held on to a piece of kit too long?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Davidson  says:

Ever held on to a piece of kit too long?

In the Anatolian mountains of Turkey the summer sun burns so hot that it cracks the Tarmac. To ride in full biking gear is bordering on suicide, and you find yourself resorting to just a pair of shorts, a t-shirt and an old pair of boots. Wearing a helmet can feel like sticking your head in a microwave, so instead...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 January 2013 17:07)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PingCrosby

Jul 07

PingCrosby says:

Fanny Craddock

Stick a PC fan in it to keep yer bonce cool

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I need this.....

like I need a hole in my head.......!

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Please!

I did a 7-hour ride in 95-105° F (35-40½° C) temperatures, 80-90% relative humidity, and no shade on my Honda Dullsville while wearing a full-face Bell Star lid, Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket and pants, Icon ventilated leather gloves, and SiDi Air Strada boots. I drank a lot of Gatorade, and did not suffer from heat exhaustion.

You British are spoiled by a moderate climate.

Reply to this Topic
englishuser

Jul 07

englishuser says:

burning

On a trip to Scotland a couple of years ago I burned a huge hole in my waterproofs, textile trousers and race boot on my exhaust while trailing my legs behind to stave off the cramped knees. I had to carry on wearing them for several days touring the highlands.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Stupid "Info Atoms"

Messing up my post. : (

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

Smart move

A anew era in through-flow ventilation. Good for thousands of miles yet AND you can where it back-to-front for a whole new `look`...

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Heat

You probably cooked your brain cos you WERN'T wearing a lid. Soak a cotton T shirt & wear it under a jacket to keep cool.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

I read this article incorrectly. Having read the title I thought it meant  - have you owned an article of bike clothing for too long. 

Yep, my Arai lids.

They say you should buy a new one every 5 years but is an Arai lid really in need of replacement after 5 years? I know it depends on the type use, abuse and mileage but a well looked after example could be kept for many years after.

Any official line form Arai?

p.s. - I don't understand the story in relationship to the title.

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

24 years

I have and still wear a leather bike jacket that I bought in 1989.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Lid life

Don’t keep your lids in the garage with the bikes, since fuel vapors degrade EPS.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices