Skip to content

Discuss This Ever held on to a piece of kit too long? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Ever held on to a piece of kit too long?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Davidson  says:

Ever held on to a piece of kit too long?

In the Anatolian mountains of Turkey the summer sun burns so hot that it cracks the Tarmac. To ride in full biking gear is bordering on suicide, and you find yourself resorting to just a pair of shorts, a t-shirt and an old pair of boots. Wearing a helmet can feel like sticking your head in a microwave, so instead...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 January 2013 17:07)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

"old kit"

I still haul around on the back of the bike, every now and then, some kit I picked up nearly 20 years ago.   The bit of of kit wasn't even old enough to vote back then, and looked a pretty attractive feature.  

Still very fond of it, but - it has to be admitted - the older kit gets, the more you wonder about trading it in for some newer equivalent.

Not that that's likely to happen anytime soon, of course.   You do get fond of kit the longer you have it, even after the first rush of "a new buy" has worn off.   Couldn't be parted from this kit on the back now, tbh.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Gloves. Always gloves. Once I find a pair that fit my big hands with shortish fingers I never want to get rid of them. Anyone know a manufacturer that makes short fingered gloves?

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

yep i have

held on to what was a top class bit of kit

but now its old baggy saggy worn out not even too good to look at .....but i married her

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Brutale:

Think I covered that joke just above mate :wink:

In other news - ATOS passed Richard III's skeleton as fit to work.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jim3563

Nov 12

jim3563 says:

old kit

still wearing a leather jacket i bought second hand in 1985, still fits, not as red as it was but still good for the summer

Reply to this Topic
jimmuck

Nov 09

jimmuck says:

No such thing as too long

There is no such thing as too long as long as the item still is in good condition, thats why I still have my leather jacket I bought in 1983, I'm going to slim down enough to get into it one day............

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle