General The People You Meet General

You are in... Forums > General > General > The People You Meet

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

The People You Meet

Broken down at the side of the road, a chappie comes over with the usual, "are you ok".  As it happened, we had decided what the problem was, so no further help was needed.

Chappies chats away, about the things he's done in the past (all bike related).  He was a mechanic, he can get spares if we needed them, he even used to test bikes for MCN in the past.  "So you knew Kevin Ash?" I asked.  He went very quiet.  "Umm.  The name rings a bell - not sure"  Yeah. Right. 
Twat. :shock:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 January 2013 17:27)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bazablue

Mar 10

bazablue says:

chatters

doesnt hurt to listen does it?Its more friends we need even if they are wrong/misinformed/ageing....no need to ridicule them.and if they stop to help then thats good,you may need it    had someone going on at me once,wore bikers jacket,no bike||||    mmmm   passer by told me that was arthur lampkin,,,,barry sheen also once enquired!!!,Ive always found that they might just be telling the truth and when I go out in the car I wear my triumph jacket......yes i havent got a triumph,others but no triumph and nor  do i wish to have one.so lets show tolerance shall we,,let the cagers be the impatient rude ones!.takes two minutes and you made a friend who just might be your witness one day!always leave with "you take care" 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

A bloke

once told me after following me in his car after i had earlier overtaken him and went about my weekly foodshop if i kept riding like that i'd die .......i told him if he kept giving me shit advice he'd get a free trip in an ambulance ....... he left me alone after that

nob:hmmm:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Rog

I think we are living their dream/s as they no longer have a bike or always wanted one but never did, thats why the want to associate.I find most are friendly, harmless and well meaning, i just take a deep breath and nod an awful alot :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Baz

We chatted for quite a while, and we passed on our number.

He has a bike that needs to be put onto spanish plates, so we gave him a good contact to do that too.

We certainly weren't rude, but I'm old enough not to be taken in by anybody these days.:wink:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Hey ninja

"but I'm old enough not to be taken in by anybody these days"

If i was a double glazing salesman i'd be right over :tongue::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Preunit

If you look like this.... I'm not letting you in the gate

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

I have just one thing to say BOGOF :tongue::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

baza: chatters

Sometimes it doesn't help much to listen/ chat either.  Went with the misses to a particularly nice coastal spot to see the Sun set with her.

Before I had the sidestand down, this bloke come bounding over, "Oh - Suzuki is it?  One of the new ones?  I've been thinking of gettin' one of em' ..." and so on for the next 15 minutes.  (It had "Suzuki" written on the side and the numberplate/ condition showed the bike's age - my grannie could have matched his insight.)

He would not take a hint, and would not fuck off.  Kept asking all sorts of damned-fool questions, making it patently obvious his only connection with bikes was on the back of his girlfriend's scooter 25 years ago.

This is all very well and good, but my misses was standing there for the whole time - and not part of this fascinating conversation.   By the time he eventually hopped it,  we'd missed the sunset we'd planned to see.

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

knowalls

try meggies mate..(Cleethorpes) sea front, jeezuz H, oh, nice bike mate, how faast does it go?..Me As fast as my right hand twists the throttle...., oh right, 

Jeezuz, its got 200 on the clock, bloody hell, ..blah blah...(ZZR1100) not bandit, id be well impressed lol

only thing is the tossahs in their shit heaps (cars) that try n race u..then explain power to weight ratio..

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Most..

Trips into town i end up getting hijacked by someone asking me a string of questions...  like " Is that your bike?" even though they have just watched me park it and i'm stood next to it with the keys in my hand....   wtf.:huh:.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices