Skip to content

Sport Donnington Park to Return to MOTO GP Calendar MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Sport > MotoGP > Donnington Park to Return to MOTO GP Calendar

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

RIPSuperSIC

Jan 13

RIPSuperSIC says:

Donnington Park to Return to MOTO GP Calendar

:laugh:

Hi Moto GP fans !!

I would like to bring to your attention that recently Donnington Park won several accolades for being an excellent circuit for facilities etc. and was wondering what your thoughts of for the circuit returning to MOTO GP on the calendar as it is times better then Silverstone as a demanding circuit for the rider. This circuit also happens to be one of Valentino Rossi's favourite circuit. 

I would like MCN readers to cast a vote on the subject as to whether Donnington Park should return to the MOTO GP Calendar.

RIP Super SIC !!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (31 January 2013 19:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

All for it!

unless the new circuit in Wales gets build, in which case i want it to go there!

Reply to this Topic
Si749

Oct 03

Si749 says:

agree with Diablere, all for it, would also prefer to see it at Brands over Silverstone from a spectators POV

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

MotoGP

at Cadwell I say!!!!!!!!!!     :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
StewyBill

Jun 11

StewyBill says:

donnington

Deffo would vote for DP,, Central location,better access on the road,much better facilites and far superior from a spectator viewing point.

Reply to this Topic
hoon

Jan 05

hoon says:

all for it too

donington is my favourite track by far i would love to see a return, the spectator side of it  at silverstone is pants waiting over 1and 1/2 minutes per lap to see the riders is not good,however i have to say the camping facilities at silverstone  are second to none (F1 influence) and donington well those who have camped there know how bad it was, i never missed a year in the 90s but you had to block yourself up with the right food to avoid using the lavs

Reply to this Topic
HondaHunter

Mar 13

HondaHunter says:

Love The Track

I'm a big fan of both Donnington and Silverstone, they are both great tracks imho and I'd love to see GP make a stop off at Donnington.

But the last time I was at Donn (last year) work was still being done and the facility's were lapse to say the least and nowhere near in the range of quality of silverstone, I mean the hospitality area there in the "wing" is just unreal and I've never seen such spacious pits.

Have the upgrades improved it much? Can't see GP going there when they are desperate to attract sponsors  if the place is still in need of a bit of tlc.

Reply to this Topic
ddrooster

Mar 11

ddrooster says:

lousy facilities

the best thing that ever happened to motogp was donnington  lost it 

i hated being treat like cattle  they even band  gas stoves   one year  
the camp sit was shit filled  by sunday and it took  8 hrs  or more to get the car out of the site 

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Yep,,

Donny is a great circuit and all riders love riding it.. That's where the attraction starts and ends...

The access from the motorway is f*cking awful

The pits are tiny

Everythings out of date

As for Rossi saying it was one of his favourite tracks....??? Well... I guess you read that in a British publication!!!  :lol::lol:

If they sort the motorway access out that would be a MASSIVE help... My mate was stuck for 5 hours driving out of there a few years ago!  :upset: I was on the bike, rode out, stopped in the services, rode all the way back to London, unloaded, put the bike away, made a cuppa... sat down and called him..... He was nearly out of the car park!!!!!   :unsure:

Reply to this Topic
motogpnorival

Feb 10

Keep that piece....

..... of second rate real estate well clear of Motogp.... The same old tired debate raises it's head year after year...... over twenty years was wasted at that embarrassment of a track..... It is now in the right place, Silverstone......

Reply to this Topic
chunder27

May 08

chunder27 says:

No way

Err

So the rightfuol place is somewhere that charges fans to use the car park if they have a car, at a venue that has more real estate for parking than any other track in Europe I would guess.

Its a total dump, worst place to watch bike racing int he country and also so far up its own arse it thinks it can charge car drives to park, are they bloody idiotioc or what!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices