Skip to content

Discuss This Does The CB1100 Tick The Boxes? First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Does The CB1100 Tick The Boxes?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Does The CB1100 Tick The Boxes?

It’s been a long time coming – in every sense of the expression – but the CB1100 might, just MIGHT, have made that wait worthwhile. Six years after the prototype was first unveiled at the 2007 Tokyo Show and a further three since a domestic market version went on sale in Japan in 2010, the Euro-spec version of the CB1100,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 February 2013 15:21)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

if it's another bike thats sites in the garage it a fine

if this is another bike thats going to site in someone garage and when poeple are over over for dinner and a glass of wine say, "well back in the day i used to ride bike" then someone else says "well as it happens i've got this cb1100 in the garage do you want to see it" "yes thats right it's only done 200 miles in the last 4 years but i like riding it a lot" then this is a great bike, if on the other hand you want to get your hands dirty then buy the real thing.

If it's for the born again again biker then i don't think it will last more than a month, once the juices start flowing there is no way this bike is going to deliver the goods, it's a good idea for a budget 500 but not an 1100.  

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

fast forward>>>>>>>>>

It's 2033, Mohamed Smith surfs into Polskas Bike onlne store to Virtual ride the latest Retro Petro Repso It's so Yesterday and who wants to ride at 10mph plus speeds on todays Gridlocked Rails?

Reply to this Topic
mozart

Nov 10

mozart says:

Pedrosa

Dani has just ordered a cb, surely now all the children on here will want one too??

with their motogp rep kit on, wobbling round on their trick 200 bhp (coff coff) missiles.

Look, when you've ridden a proper wobbly bike and experienced proper biking, this is, in fact, a bike. 2 wheels, a motor and the reason we all got ....... oh god, i'm getting into it now.

It's a bike and i'm happy theres another model on the road.

Grow up spotty kids, i used to crash zxr's into police stations, end of, I'm nuts

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

No

Does it all tick the boxes? No.

Chain drive FFS?

Shaft drive please Mr. Honda.

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

CB1100

You meet the nicest people on a Hondazzzzzz.  Boring looking bike. Grew up on those bikes, give me a fairing. But if there's a market for them, fair enough. Not my cup of saki.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

o the irony of sportsbikes riders on here criticizing other riders for not riding their bikes much and just staring at them in their garages. Back on topic what ever happened to the cb1100r we were teased with? Honda always play it so safe

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Bandit

Sorry Honda but for looks , stye and charisma to say nothing of performance I will keep with my old 1997 1200 Suzuki Bandit I just love the old bike

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

Don't get it

There's retro and there's just old and this is just an old bike with Fi when a tester uses a word that says a bike is adequate don't even bother with it

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Im sure with aftermarket cans this will be a fun ride. I like the looks too, in black.

Reply to this Topic
eladoppel

Apr 13

eladoppel says:

CB1100 ticks MY boxes

I fell in love with the pictures of the CB1100 when they first came out. I will pick mine up on Monday, so I'll have to wait 48 hours to see how it rides, but if it is anything like the review above it will be exactly what I am expecting. It isn't a bike for everyone, and I am OK with that. I will update you after I get a chance to ride it, but every review I have read says "If you want a lovely, updated, new 40 year old bike this is the one for you!" If that's NOT what you want there are plenty of other bikes to buy.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices