Ask an Expert heated gloves Clothing

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > heated gloves

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

kevinhonda1954

Feb 13

heated gloves

:smile Hi all i would like some feed back as i ride about 150 mls aday to work and would like to no if any body nos wot gloves work .There seems to e a lot of people that ride 5 mls a month and tell you there gloves work but i commute and these things need to work ??does any body that realy rides all year have ant idear if any glove works .I have been riding for over 40yrs and would by this time somthing works but wot is it .Thanks for your time Kev

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 February 2013 22:27)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

heated gloves

Welcome Kevin,1954 rings a bell,riding over 40 years also rings a bell,150 miles a day,:shock: use a car and look after your body.(mines knackered).  

Reply to this Topic
kevinhonda1954

Feb 13

heated gloves

:lol: no wot you mean but i have to use the m25 if you no wot that means

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

heated gloves

Today there`s heated gloves and heated glove liners also heated grips.

Get a car:shock:

Circulation does not improve with age.

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

dont know about heated gloves

but i can vouch for good heated grips and bar mits.....................ok the mits are a pain getting your hands in and out but my fingers are warm and dry even after hours on a cold shitty day:wink:

Reply to this Topic
kevinhonda1954

Feb 13

heated gloves

:ph43r:Thanks for your input .I have just purchased some heated gloves they are Richa and im just about to send them back as they just dont work and for £200 i think they should .I have bar covers as well so i just dont no .Just think after all this time i could get somthing that realy works ?The trouble is theres no work where i live so i have to travel and if i go by car dont think i would be there till lunch time and not to shore that would go down to well lol

Reply to this Topic
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

Keis

I recently got some Keis heated inner gloves (link) which work perfectly. Do about 20 miles commute each way along a motorway and they keep my hands... I wouldn't say *warm* but they do stop my fingers from getting freezing cold. Would highly recommend them.

Reply to this Topic
kevinhonda1954

Feb 13

heated gloves

:ph43r: Thats the problem they all seem to just work ??just makes me mad as they all say they work but only if you ride 5 mls  .Its funny  no glove company comes on here and backs up there statment 

Reply to this Topic
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

as I mentioned

I do about 40 miles a day in total and have noticed a dramatic difference to when I didn't have them.

No heated inner gloves = near frozen finger tips.
Heated inner gloves = warm hands, no frozen fingers.

'Nuff said. :-)

I'd recommend them if you're thinking about getting some heated gloves.

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

100 Mile Commute

I ride 100 miles mostly motorway each way and get by with Oxford heated grips, waterproof Weise Aspen gloves and handguards. The vibes from the ER6 get me more than the windchill does and I've been out in -6 at steady motorway speeds. Having said that, if I knew a pair of heated gloves that were waterproof and worked well I'd definitely consider them.

Reply to this Topic
kevinhonda1954

Feb 13

Heated gloves

Thanks for all your help just goes to show not much has changed over the years . What they try and sell just don't seem to work that well. The real bikes just like me just make do !!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices