Skip to content

General looking for some help guys on my next project General

You are in... Forums > General > General > looking for some help guys on my next project

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

looking for some help guys on my next project

after storing my z650 b1 in a camp metal shed it came out looking a little worse for wear..............my nice polished alloy all furred up and it looks in need of a freshen up

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 February 2013 13:58)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

so what im looking for

is some idea's on how to pimp my ride............im wanting the streetfighter/cafe racer look with some mods that will stay in tune with the bikes classic looks, i am doing this project so i can give my 9yr old son his bike when he is old enough to ride and i would like something that looked good.....................as you can see i already got busy:wink:

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

things im thinking about

mx wide handle bars............perhaps a 750 top end if its an easy swap............change the points to electronic ignition.............tidy up the tail..............twin disks if its pos to fit it to the spoked wheel....................any idea's, info or ol bits you are selling are more than welcome

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

vulc

as you could imagine i was a little peed off when i pulled the cover off her............thankfully i soaked her in gt85 before storing or god knows how bad a nick i would have found her......................im gonna take her back to the frame and buy lots of polish mops and sandpaper to bring back her shine...................while im there i might as well drag her into the future a little bit.......................i want to retain as many original parts to keep the costs down as i have seen some ob seen amounts of cash spent on projects that end up looking like a polished n painted bike crash 

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

vulc

them spoked wheels come up like new once cleaned and keep it within a true 70s bike............i like the idea of a wider rear section tyre, even going from a 120 to 140 section would look good so a diffrent swing arm might be needed and im not sure if the rim could take it....................if you pm me what you know about colin jones ie what area he worked, his age roughly and what he worked as in the AA i might be able to track him down for you

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

serves you right

for storing it in a 'camp metal shed'...should have stored it in a butch brick one.  :blink:

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

ally

This thread may be of interest ....nice Z650 on first page and another on second page...

http://www.z1ownersclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

Ally, that bike........

should be taken from you, and placed in a good home.

(Preferably mine)

And you! Should be banned from owning a bike for the next 5 years, at least.

I have never witnessed such cruelty to a thoroughbred beast in all my biking years.

Hang your head in shame.:mad:

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Kam....

..that is a very nice looking 650...but it will have cost quite a lot to get like that....Ally for my twopenneth...change that back end (mudguard and tail light)...might be an idea to line the tin storage box with some insulation blocks or something to keep the damp down, and leave the engine out of the frame for storage. Make it easier for cleaning up next time.:smile

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

steve

well that explains all the corrosion..................clearly all the local queens have gathered in my shed for an orgy cos of a typo error.............i did wonder how damp air got through the gt85 but it must just be all the salt in there cum..........................im wearing gloves for the cleaning now:wink:

Reply to this Topic
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

Ally

Must admit I was wondering what a 'camp metal shed' was :lol:

Good luck with the project, although personally I think you should restore it to as near original as possible :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices