Skip to content

General looking for some help guys on my next project General

You are in... Forums > General > General > looking for some help guys on my next project

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

looking for some help guys on my next project

after storing my z650 b1 in a camp metal shed it came out looking a little worse for wear..............my nice polished alloy all furred up and it looks in need of a freshen up

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 February 2013 13:58)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Kam....

..that is a very nice looking 650...but it will have cost quite a lot to get like that....Ally for my twopenneth...change that back end (mudguard and tail light)...might be an idea to line the tin storage box with some insulation blocks or something to keep the damp down, and leave the engine out of the frame for storage. Make it easier for cleaning up next time.:smile

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

steve

well that explains all the corrosion..................clearly all the local queens have gathered in my shed for an orgy cos of a typo error.............i did wonder how damp air got through the gt85 but it must just be all the salt in there cum..........................im wearing gloves for the cleaning now:wink:

Reply to this Topic
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

Ally

Must admit I was wondering what a 'camp metal shed' was :lol:

Good luck with the project, although personally I think you should restore it to as near original as possible :smile

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

kam

i think you just found what i want to build.............it keeps the look of a z with the bling of a modern bike..............i prefer polished alloy and spoked wheels as supposed to paint and alloys but yeah, if she turns out half as good as that me n mikey would be happy.........................good find mate and thanks again for looking:wink:

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

there are...

one or two on here with twin discs on spoked wheels Ally.Also that show bike is not as altered as what I initially thought (cast wheels as standard ). just a lot of hard work gone into bringing it up to concourse and a few tasteful add ons.

z650's

I'm liking the ZREX swinging arm on this one. And spoked wheels look fine too.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

busa

yes i hang my head in shame...................you should have seen the ol z a year ago.............well you can if you check her out on my profile pics..............the trouble is that i have to squeeze a pan, gixer and z into the garage and still allow enough room for the other projects that happen...............still she is back were she belongs and the engine is now out.............and most of the crud came off with a long hair wire brush...............a few months mate and she will be back to her former glory:winkie:

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

dave

yeah the original look is good and it keeps the money...............but were's the fun in that and i want it cool enough that my boy will want to keep it (or trade it in for the future renault clio with alloys lol)................tbh there is not enough money in it to warrant keeping it standard, the original bits will be kept and there will be no irreversible mods done.................i just want something that wee bit diffrent:biggrin:  

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

ally....

and there's me thinkin twas an old WW2 nissan hut..:unsure:...as for the Z, here's a thought..

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

oldish

i love the swingarm and the tidy tail of that bike..............oh and it looks like i can have twin disks on mt spoked rims:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle