Skip to content

Discuss This Fast start important for Cal Crutchlow in Sepang MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Fast start important for Cal Crutchlow in Sepang

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Fast start important for Cal Crutchlow in Sepang

Cal Crutchlow’s Monster Yamaha Tech 3 boss Herve Poncharal believes it will be important for the British star to repeat the fast and positive start to he made to winter testing in 2012 when the pre-season campaign resumes at the Sepang circuit in Malaysia tomorrow (Tuesday). Crutchlow used a brilliant pre-season testing campaign last year as a springboard to a fantastic...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 February 2013 09:43)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

It's a long time since we had something to be positive about going into a new season as brit's but maybe just maybe if ladyluck shines on cal he might see the podium again this year which will be great, cause i think it's gonna be even harder fought for the last podium place.

Reply to this Topic
tamounga

Jun 10

tamounga says:

3 to 5 podiums and regular to 5 finishes should be the target. Unfortunately, I don't see a factory ride on the horizon. Perhaps he can be in contention for the seat of Hayden at Ducati or the potential Suzuki.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

goooo cal!!!

a few finishes above rossi will raise yamaha's game in giving him a better package but first bit more consistnecy.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Cal needs

to carry the same speed as last year, and consistency is one of his goals, as he needs to finish races and not just throw them away, as he has done in the past, good luck to him.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Hopeful of a good season for cal but needs to be more incisive, plenty of races last season he got stuck behind Rossi not easy to pass at the best of time but given the duke he should have done it more often... Will struggle to get anywhere near Rossi this season I suspect but I'm with the guy below a couple of podiums if poss would be nice though very difficult and best of the rest, may even beat Marquez, who I reckon will fall of at least a couple of times, if he keeps consistent..Is fast enough to beat the Honda sats and should if he wants to progress... Good luck .

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

good luck

Hope Crutchlow keeps the pace up this season although I suspect his chances of podiums are slimmer now especially when Marquez gets up to speed.
No doubt he will beat Dovi this year though!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

huge

plenty of races last season he got stuck behind Rossi not easy to pass at the best of time but given the duke he should have done it more often...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The Duke is quick in a straight line leaving many potential  moves nigh on impossible for a man of Cals ability. He should be 'Dovi' for a season and pick up the pieces when others falter. 

More consistency please Mr Crutchlow :). 

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

go cal

you have speed to be top 3 this yr, good luck.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

cal

expect good things from Cal, Go Cal

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugs...

"plenty of races last season he got stuck behind Rossi not easy to pass at the best of time"

He only finished behind Rossi 3 times & ahead of him 9 (never by less than 2 places)... his 1st DNF at indy it was Rossi who couldn't get past him... 2nd DNF, San Marino they were virtually in a different race with Rossi running so well... Japan the same but this time it was Cal who was in a podium spot until he crashed.... Cal made short shrift of him in Malaysia then fell off 3 places ahead... I think there were other, far more difficult battles than those with Rossi (not least his team mate) but his fall-off rate was his downfall... literally.

Cal has his moments... good luck to him for 2013 & let's hope Rossi's a bit more of an obstacle for him this year.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle