Skip to content

KTM Production KTM 1190 Adventure – official first ride! 1190 ADVENTURE

You are in... Forums > KTM > 1190 ADVENTURE > Production KTM 1190 Adventure – official first ride!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Production KTM 1190 Adventure – official first ride!

The production version of KTM’s eagerly awaited, all-new 1190 Adventure is currently being put through its paces in Tenerife by MCN’s Michael Guy. He’s so far ridden about 120km on a mixture of windy mountain passes and town roads. Here are his first impressions: "The overwhelming first impression is the new 1190cc engine: it’s significantly stronger and bears no comparison to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 February 2013 15:37)

Post a message in 1190 ADVENTURE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

KTM

So what's the fueling like on the new bike and how thirsty is it please? The lurchy fuel injection and rather thirsty nature stopped me from putting some KTM bikes on my next bike shortlist.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Air?

Can you still catch big air over the whoops, or has the Katoom become an off-road styled sport-tourer (such as the Ducati Multistrada)?

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Does it look better in the flesh than it does in the pictures?

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

AIR?

Wire wheels with tubed tyres? No thanks, catastrophic air loss, scary scary on such a heavy machine.

Reply to this Topic
VinSatyros

Feb 13

VinSatyros says:

REALLY Mags off road

DOMSTER, You clearly ride a road bike to make such a daft comment, The new KTM 1190 Adventurer has set a new standard in the Adventure motorcycle genre that will put the likes of BMW completely on the back foot and they will be anxious to get back the the drawing board.

Reply to this Topic
Boxer12

Jan 13

Boxer12 says:

@vinS

The KTM is great bike but I don't think it will put the GS "on the back foot". Let's put this way, after a day's riding in a mud or rain, while you're lubing & cleaning or maybe adjusting the chain the GS rider will be off! As much as I love this bike, the chain is a killer for me, sorry.

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

CHAINS NO PROBLEM

I don't think for one minute that the KTM is inferior to any Shaft Driven machine.I have a Scottoiler on mine and it's brilliant,chains last longer,and odd wipe and very occasional adjusment is all is required,THEY DON'T BREAKDOWN EITHER!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Boxer12

Jan 13

Boxer12 says:

@sprint

It sounds like you are shouting :) I think you missed the "KTM is a great bike" bit!!

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Humungous

Did Michael Guy shrink or is that motorbike just bloody massive? The scale of it next to him looks crazy

Reply to this Topic
joe19

Feb 13

joe19 says:

tubed tyres?

@domster Where did you read they were tubed? From the website "Wire-spoked wheels for tubeless tyres featuring airtight rim beds patented by KTM – in 21” and 18” diameters suiting the offroad talents of the bike."

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices