Skip to content

KTM Production KTM 1190 Adventure – official first ride! 1190 ADVENTURE

You are in... Forums > KTM > 1190 ADVENTURE > Production KTM 1190 Adventure – official first ride!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Production KTM 1190 Adventure – official first ride!

The production version of KTM’s eagerly awaited, all-new 1190 Adventure is currently being put through its paces in Tenerife by MCN’s Michael Guy. He’s so far ridden about 120km on a mixture of windy mountain passes and town roads. Here are his first impressions: "The overwhelming first impression is the new 1190cc engine: it’s significantly stronger and bears no comparison to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 February 2013 15:37)

Post a message in 1190 ADVENTURE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

JOE

If that's correct & they're robustly reliable then great. The fitting of standard wire wheels to various fashion "stylie" machines capable of high speed is not good. I've controlled 3 such deflations & i know 2 people who crashed, on various bikes.

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Tubeless ok !

What are you all on about spoke wheels with tubeless tyres being dangerous ? utter bull***

Bmw and Yamaha have run these for years with no issues

And tell my why if they are unsafe do all the Dakar bikes have spoke wheels ? why do super motto and motor cross run spoke wheels and look at the unbelievable forces they have put on them

i will be getting a set for my explorer to replace my cast ones

they are and look cool and they are safe and more resilient

rant over

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

tubeless BOLLOCKS

Hi clarkson2197, I think you are possibly being a little rash, spokes are used offroad as they are easily repaired , many offroad bikes use goo or mouse in them, to help with puctures, and they tend to go a lot slower than raod bikes. When a you get a puncture on a tubeless the air seeps out, often slowly, ( gives you a chance to slow down safely) on a tube it all shoots out in a split second, I assure you that one could sh**t  oneself when your front tyre has an instant flat at "european cruising " speeds. and they cannot be easily repaired with a repair kit, you need to get the wheel off, then the tyre off , then fit a new tube, a pain in the arse! ........and they are a complete bitch to keep clean.

Also triumph, Honda ,BMW and now KTM use rims that alow tubeless tyres on some of their bikes, not a coincidence, but for safety, as will your new spokes for your triumph explorer, ...please think befor you rant

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle