Skip to content

Discuss This All test cheats are drivers General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > All test cheats are drivers

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

All test cheats are drivers

Hundreds of learner drivers a year get someone else to take their test for them while not one motorcyclist attempts the scam, government figures show. Suspected impersonators sat 455 practical tests and 1469 theory tests in 2011/12 – an average of five a day - but all of the cheats were drivers. A Driving Standards Agency spokeswoman said: ‘I can...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 February 2013 16:20)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I'm willing to bet the vast majority of cheats were immigrants arriving here and then expecting to drive straight away and they will have existing family or friends who organise it for them. Motorcycles aren't a priority for them so that will be the answer. Probably!!

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Wow @satnavsteve. Massive assumption with what evidence?

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

I agree with Steve's racial profiling

No, really, I do.  Immigrants tend to be smart cookies: why would they be riding bikes?

Reply to this Topic
bud

Aug 02

bud says:

It takes real effort and will to want to ride a bike and is a matter of pride whether you pass or fail, many learner drivers on the other hand just do it because it's expected of them with no real interest in the task at hand, the test is seen as a mere formality.

Reply to this Topic
Bebobobob

May 10

Bebobobob says:

racists rarely require evidence for any of their crazy beliefs, they still think working taxpayers are unemployed benefit cheats lol

Reply to this Topic
bibickeybi

Jun 07

bibickeybi says:

In February 2011, four men who hired an impersonator to take their driving theory tests were jailed for six months having paid £500 for the criminal to take their tests for them. Sami Hamadok, Ahmed Omar, Kayfee Hameed and Agar Hamid each paid £400 to £500 for the impostor to sit the test for them in a Middlesbrough test centre. And in June 2011, a Somali bus driver Deeg Mohammed, 27, was jailed for impersonating over 200 individuals across the country. The bus driver took the tests using the applicants’ provisional driving licences and the examiners failed to realise that he was not the person in the photograph. Of the 200 drivers he impersonated, police could only trace only 15 of the illegal drivers. He charged £500 a time for the service and carried it out across Britain, making more than £100,000 before he was caught.

Reply to this Topic
geoffb61

Sep 08

geoffb61 says:

Millions

judging by the evidence I see everyday, millions are doing really bad impersonations of people that can drive!

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Hmmm, maybe.....??

Riding a bike without the necessary skills to properly control it is dangerous (potentially fatal). Doing the same in a car carries significantly less risk to the would be driver as they'll just kill those around them and have crumple zone all around them to deflect any injuries. That probably has a great deal to do with learner riders not getting somebody else to do their test.

Reply to this Topic
paulfielding

Aug 02

paulfielding says:

Hmmm...

...you mean that nobody has been caught doing it.

Reply to this Topic
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

Integrity and respect?

Seems to me that most who've passed a bike test simply wouldn't 'sit in' for another. I can't imagine anyone would do it for a 'mate' who would most likely kill himself due to lack of correct training and build up of road knowlwedge?

In the examples people have used underneath, where profit is the motivator, perhaps motorcyclists have more respect for the reasons we have to pass our test? I'm proud to say I'm part of the biking family and tell anyone that will listen that they should take it up, if for no other reason than to make them better, more aware drivers?

You wouldn't think we're a friendly family though with some of the comments on the racing threads on here!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices