You are in... Forums > General > General > Measuring your bikes DB's

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Measuring your bikes DB's

How?..yeah i know....what i mean is i want to do a trackday or 2 on the smr, now it's noisy, Akra's, no sas and no db killers, the ecu is mapped so.

If i have to put the db's back in then i'll have to remap, so, in the real world what's the best way to test the DB's?

Help pls x :smile

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 February 2013 17:21)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Ran my Yam TDM850 at Pembrey

a few years back with open race can on a two into one, Devil system, mind you, wasn't much quieter on the road legal can.....well from where I was sitting anyway :lol: apparently it was a bit much for anyone riding behind though :blink:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"it was a bit much for anyone riding behind though"

lol.......i wish i was there to hear this  fookin' epic :smile

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Excellent

not much danger of anyone being close behind that though.....I'm slightly slower than that rider......:blink: :lol:

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

unit

your baffles in will not affect the ride ability of your bike.............it will be quieter and kill a few horses but i honestly doubt you will notice any power difference unless you rag the arse right off it.......................ive never had my bike checked at knockhill even though there is a max limit in place, all i have ever done is tick off a checklist stating my bike is sound and sign a discaimer:wink: 

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

they did check

at Cadwell, at different revs for different engine types. They made some guy on  gungabike put steel wool in his can to quiet down. Didn't help, he ran off at the end of the start straight:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

cadwell...

before you book on to a track day and pay, go along to any of the others that MSV run and you can have it noise tested free of charge.. then youll know if your in the limit.. cadwell is 105Db at 5,500rpm, static test.....

http://www.clubmsv.com/bike-trackday-noise-limits

dont know if "no limits" offer this facility.. might be worth checking depending on who you are bookin ya day with...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

Good morning..

Ah ha, you wanna do a track day or two..... Keep me informed, I'll come n play.. :biggrin:

As for the map, no, putting the db killers in won't affect that. Even putting the standard pipes on (if you have them?) won't be bad for the bike, it just won't run at its optimate!

As for testing the db output you can use an app or tool aquired off the net and that will give you an idea but....... When you get to the track they will have their own people do the test (not part of the TDO crew) and some of them have no idea at all how to use the equipment! Sadly their word is law so if in doubt, don't bother booking a day unless its a 104/105db limit.

An idea could be to rock up at a few early season track days and ask if they'll test it for ya, but they don't have to! Be nice and they prob will tho! Maybe calling the TDO before hand to speak to them would be a good idea.

My guess is (judging by my Tuono's performance) that with baffles in you should be ok. Never had it tested tho!

Rockingham, Snetterton and Oulton will, in my experience, deffo test ya and if you pass the test with a baffle in they will mark your sticker such and they will look for said baffle as you go to enter track. They also have noise meters around the track and WILL black flag you!

Bear in mind tho that this is the tracks H&S people doing this because of the council and not the TDO's fault! If they had their way we would all run straight thro systems lol

As a note my GXSR600 blows 104db open, 102db with baffle #1 and 94db with baffle #2. Means I can use it anywhere tho #2 does restrict it a tad!....

Worth it tho for the fun :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

As a teaser........

Rockingham following 750Flyer

Rockingham in reverse!

and.... A session at Snetterton

Mucho fun had by all :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Cheers stealth mate

gunga want's to play anorl, so will let you know :smile

I don't get this db restriction malaky, if you don't like the sound of loud engines don't buy a house near a circuit, simples no? :blink:

My mother-in-law lives near a church and bells have been rung there for 500 years, yet people move to the area and complain about the sound of the bells FFS!, if ya that concerned about the sound, don't buy a house near a FCUKING CHURCH!

and relax......:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

db

the iPhone db app doenst work on bikes, reads way over, My bandit was off the scale but had it checked by a mate and it around 88Db so track safe..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices