Skip to content

General Rear tyre change advice... NOW! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Rear tyre change advice... NOW!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Rear tyre change advice... NOW!

hI GUYS,

Just got home.. puncture 4 miles from home.. wobbled back here. Have a ok tyre in loft.. need to change now...

Any advice welcomed.. aint got a tyre fitting machine!

Or anyone in London got a spare rear GSXR wheel I can borrow tonight? I'll ome fetch it!

Cheers!!  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 February 2013 19:21)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

from experience....

without levers or rim protectors your knacked.. i have a manual bead breaker.... which works fab, still waiting for tyre levers to arrive!! tried getting my tyre off recently.. no way it was coming over the rim without levers.. :upset:

you could do it less the rim protectors but it will scuff/naff your rim..

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Cheers all..

I'm going to leave it til my next day off and work are lending me a car... A Volvo! ha ha

Seems to diffiult to change i'll leave it to the pro's  :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Was going to suggest

some of those methods Kam, Paul and others, but it's all too easy to shag up some of those cast wheels, they've got lighter and thinner over the years :smile have wrestled tubeless tyres on and off supermoto rims (with tubes in, never could afford tubeless rims for mine or trust bodges with silicon and tape over the spoke nipples) but they're a bit tougher, and older cast wheels I wasn't so bothered about. It can all turn into an endless wrestling match without bead breaker especially, cigarette lighter socket/battery portapack tyre pumps sometimes have enough puff to get tyre seated :smile Oh, and I have a number of car size tyre irons as well as bike ones, sometimes you got to use as many as you can lever in and down and then kneel on, it would be handy to be an octopus at times like that! Something I have found useful lately was a flattish briefcase shaped and sized, air compressor from Aldi, mains powered with storage for cable and air hose and all the different tyre/football/airbed etc. fittings, much faster and more efficient than the above car boot compressors and cheaper than the small workshop compressors.

Anyway, hope you get sorted Flyer, :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices