Skip to content

Ask an Expert kawasaki kr1 b2 ??? Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > kawasaki kr1 b2 ???

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

kawasaki kr1 b2 ???

hi all just got my new project its been sat 4 9 yrs n was seazed but i put a 14mm on the flywheal n now she sparks lovely anything i need to no as im going to restor this bike  any of u blokes no wair i can get a top fairing 4 it its green n white ?

any help will b tops

regards gungoss:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 February 2013 19:59)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

Kwak KR1

Gunga, are you going to strip the motor? Good chance the crank seals will need doing, minimum...  :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

fogie

Yeah m8 im gonna restore it the plastics that r on it r in need of a total re decal n spray the tank was full of water n goooo so il get it blasted inside n sealed gonna strip n clean carbs tommora nt n see if she runs i squirted some castrol 2 stroke oil in the heads before i tirned the rotor ? ive wanted 1 4 ages !:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Careful with it Gunga,

why was it in storage all this time? engine problem? those bikes were notorious for powervalve mechanism going out of sync (between the two cylinders?) think that used to cause some major engine damage? :upset: bound to be some forums for them, for advice and stuff.

And yes, superbly light and zippy bikes, wanted one myself :smile or the later KR1S

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices