You are in... Forums > General > General > EU new plans

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

EU new plans

They have allocated nearly £2 million to employ staff to trawl through social networks, forums, etc looking for evidence of euroskeptic opinions. They are to then find the ringleaders and discredit them.

"NINETEEN EIGHTY FOUR" WAS NOT MEANT AS A HANDBOOK ON HOW TO RUN THE PERFECT STATE.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 February 2013 20:25)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

American presidential election

"Can you imagine what would happen in America if they decided that only the representatives of states could vote for the President?"

Erm... have you heard of the "electoral college"?

Electoral College

---
Edit note:  I'd put "electorate college" - corrected to "electoral college"

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Slow Learner

Was in the Telegraph - I'm sure a google will quickly find it. As for an EU document referencing it, no I don't.

EDIT http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/9845442/EU-to-set-up-euro-election-troll-patrol-to-tackle-Eurosceptic-surge.html

Reply to this Topic
Mankind

Mar 09

Mankind says:

Hee hee

Now you've done it. It'll be called the Torygraph, with the inference that as such, the only true bit is the date.

For me, the most insidious EU idea, if you can imagine what that's saying, is the compulsory teaching of the benefits of the EU in schools.
Or as Adolf put it "He who controls the youth, controls the future". 
Oh, and a 15,000,000 euro EU history center describing the world Wars as civil wars.
All the current westminster lot know that most of the UK wants out, but they've never been interested in democracy that changed anything significant.
I'm really scared about the 1984 way we're headed.
The EU will stop at nothing to hold onto power. Don't be surprised to see a few more David Kelly style suicides.
Oh and another one for you to imagine the potential implications of

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/375851/Outcry-over-EU-plot-to-seize-control-of-our-seabed

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

it would

not surprise me.

Do they really enforce teaching of pro-EU propaganda in schools? Surely both sides to the argument should be taught so as to give our children skills of critical appraisal and an open minded, non drone like approach to life?

EDIT: Civil wars? I can see how they'd want the EU to be seen as one state but Japan? North Africa? The US? Is Okinawa one of the 27 EU states? Disgusting. You can't alter history like that. History is written by the victors anyway so it'll be mostly biased by us regardless but once that's over with it should not be messed with unless facts are found to be different!

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

1984?

Reply to this Topic
Mankind

Mar 09

Mankind says:

preunit

The premise of 1984 is that in order to maintain a hierarchy, the fruits of human labour must be destroyed.

Governments can do this in many ways, usually by pissing money (your confiscated money) up the wall on all sorts of bollocks you'd never even think of spending your money on, but the best way is via war.
In 1984 there are 3 empires, we were in Oceania.
These empires are constantly at war, A & B vs C, then B & C vs A, then A & C vs B, then repeat.
The government alters the history records to suit the current situation. Bullshits basically.
It also helps tremendously to have an enemy the people can hate. The people will put up with all sorts of crap in these circumstances. 
If you note there's always an enemy. The soviet union was subsidised and fed nuclear secrets. When that bankrupted itself, the current war on no-one in particular will do. Even the fight against global warming, or when that proved bollocks, the ministry of truth changed it to climate change.
Basically, anything to keep us down, and stop our progress.
Their enemy is truth. Especially the internet. Enjoy it whilst you can.

Reply to this Topic
Mankind

Mar 09

Mankind says:

vulc / phile

also the idea of an EU army. As I've many times said, the end game is the United States of Europe.

Well how did that work out in the USA? Bloodily. 
They entered a voluntary union. The central authority was given money. Then more money, then more power, repeat. when the tax burden fell more heavily on the South, and the money spent more in the North, the South wanted out.
"There will be no invasion of the South, other than to enforce the collection of taxes" was the response. Pay up or die in other words.
The North sent troops to re-enforce the fort in the South territory. The South fired on the fort (killing no-one) to fuck 'em off - imagine an EU fort in England with EU troops on the way. The war was on.
The wrong side won. The USA became an empire.
Even at the stage we're at now, it won't be trouble free, imagine policing our true fishing waters.
Still, that's no reason to give into serfdom.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Careful

you're too intelligent. They'll 'ave you!

Reply to this Topic
Mankind

Mar 09

Mankind says:

Ha hardley

and I'd be way down the list. They might use my money to monitor me, if it looked like anyone was taking the slightest bit of notice of me, which they don't usually, then they might pay someone to do some professional arguing with me, full of 'facts' I'd have no time to research.

No, I'm quite safe. If Ron Paul had gotten anywhere I'm fairly sure he'd have died.
If UKIP start really challenging, we might have some Diana moments.

Reply to this Topic
CharlieSYLO

Mar 11

CharlieSYLO says:

Incompetence

A brilliant book written by one of the writers of Red Dwarf (Doug Naylor IIRC). Set slightly in the future about the EU super state. It was written as satire, however he got alot of stuff right. My point of view coincides with anyone who says the EU are cum guzzling cunt sacks, or words to that effect.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices