General internet scammeraround plz read General

You are in... Forums > General > General > internet scammeraround plz read

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

northernmonkey8504

Feb 13

internet scammeraround plz read

hi just thought id tell you all ive had my 09 plt zx6r up for sale for a week and i keep getting scammers trying to offer to pay for it by cashiers check and by paypal they say they are out of uk and can pay by one of these methods and they will send a friend or a shipping bloke round heres a example of the emails i got.

Stuart, about payment..is it okay with you if i write you a cashiers check for 4000 tomorrow as deposit and you will get the 250 balance in cash when he comes for the pick up...after you have the check cashed at your bank.i will send the check through UPS delivery service,that way you can get it the next day and you will have it cashed at your bank with no troubles.

i wont have the bike come picked with the 250 balance cash not until when you have the check cleared at your bank..so no worries,i just need your name as you want it written on the check and your mailing address you want it delivered to.i hope this is clear to you.
Andy. these check dont get picked up for weeks and ur bike has already gone thanks all

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 February 2013 23:06)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

Give him a POBox for your cheque to go to then cash it anyway. Free £4k. Win.

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Zanderh

I was just thinking the same.:wink:

Have it sent to an untraceable PO Box.
Cash it at another bank, then pay the cash into your account.

Who cares about the other £250?!!

Reply to this Topic
AlbertHerring

Nov 09

Since

the scam relies on the recallability of (dud) counter cheques, nobody will cash one without enough ID and other details to come after you for repayment. And if you did it knowing that the thing was dodgy, then that's likely to be a criminal charge as well (and you'll be an easier target for plod and the banks than the original scammer).

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

soz.....

but that sort of sale in my eyes is cash on collection/delivery...

youll find that the payment never goes through... it is something to do with being able to recall a bankers draft even after its cleared or cashed or something along those lines...

ps.. never take a bankers cheque either... contrary to popular belief.. they are very easy to fake!!

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

never ever

got for that method of payment , go for either cash in the hand ( & count it all while they wait & give the notes a good lookin over  ) , if its bona fida they wont mind ..

or take a cheque / bankers draft , but DONT let them take the bike till the moneys cleared & into your account ( banks can " express " cheques / drafts for a small fee so that it clears in a day or two )

the bank WILL check the bankers draft/cheque for any signs of fraud before you are credited with the money ..

& blader i dont believe they can cancel it AFTER the transaction has been verified ( i may be wrong on this though ) , thats why its worth the small fee to " express " said cheque / draft

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I always put on ebay

cash on collection, under x amount of transactions don't bid, viewing by arrangement and if you want a test ride put the cash in my hand and sign the log book. you crash it no refund.

I've never had a problem selling a few bikes on ebay but you will always get that type of communication.  I also state that a deposit is required within 24 hours of buying if you can't pick up in the next week (non returnable)

If they do this with a 1000 hits each week I bet they get one sucker to agree, just make sure you are prepared

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

i would have thought

one give away was the crap translation/spelling...........Reverse the cards and ask for the money to be transferred to your Western Union account, that'll f*ck them up!!

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Didn't think of that

but then we're not criminals, are we??

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

no,

your honour. :laugh: