Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi shines on factory Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi shines on factory Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi shines on factory Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi made a brilliant return to Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad in Malaysia today, the nine-times world champion ending the first day of 2013 pre-season testing with the fourth quickest time. Rossi showed a disastrous two-year spell with Ducati has not blunted his confidence or skills and the 33-year-old topped the timesheets for a period in the early part of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 February 2013 10:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Quite Pacey

Look at all the giggly little girls who've been so quiet for so long popping their naive wee heads cockily above to parapet to crow the second coming of Yamaha's prodigal son.

What they haven't noticed though is the fact Rossi regularly featured in the top half dozen of a Friday G.P on the Ducati just to slip further down the board as the quick boys geared it up the following day. Those quick boys are still a long way from their potential for this Sepang test. What's Casey done here a 1:59.6 - two seconds quicker than this fallen yellow sun god did today in optimal conditions.  Can anyone realistically see Rossi approaching that sort of time? Unless they all get significantly quicker (tyres?) that isn't going to happen.

Cluck away all you like little yellow bantam hens. Rossi is not going to regularly challenge our two plus one Aliens. He is however going to have his hands full with Bradl, Bautista and Crutchlow, if not Dovi and Spies this year though.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Wosi

4th was the new 1st in 09 and 10 according to the fishermans fans

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Fountain of Knowledge or clown?

The next few days will tell Nostroclownus

Reply to this Topic
Toecutter71

Jun 10

Toecutter71 says:

4th fast time mean...

4 fast time is often achieved and Alvaro Bautista on Suzuki in the first testing days, my humble opinion that is  Ducati is "not(only) guilty as charged" many people put beside one extremely important fact, which is that the Valentino accidently  directly participated in the dead of Marco Simoncelli , and I'm pretty sure that the event dramatically affected Valentino driving performance. I'm personally think that Marc Marquez be better placed then Valentino Rossi at the end of 2013 season ..even I would bet serious money on that, and where Pedrosa,for  which this year will "be or not to be" , because if this season does not finally take the "damn" title, for him dream of champions in the MotoGP class will be  finished , there is Jorge to, and there are still some young guys who aren't lucky enough to sit down at the appropriate bike until this season ... it will be for some of them to change this year .. all in all, my prediction for Valentino that if at the end of season, 2013,  be 4th (happy) one.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

nostro

Its great that you keep talking...the hole you are digging for yourself is funny to witness, especially as you keep pretending that you aren't waist deep already...why dont you tell us that story again about how the goalposts have moved and rossi got left behind. 2 years and already only 4/10ths behind on the same bike as crutchlow. Tell us all again how dovis development skills will sort the duke out right away. Unless maybe dovi is too old. Maybe he cant keep up anymore...as it cant be the bike....according to you. Id go on but its all too easy

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

The Ducati is balls

Ah come on Nostro. Never did he jump straight out on the Ducati and set a time that was near the top at the end of the day. Maybe Misano, but that was right after their own little test. There was no bar raised when Rossi joined Ducati, he just jumped on to a bike that isn't that good. Over 2 seconds back are Ducati, with three world champs astride the thing. That means, if you are to be believed, that Casey would be 4 seconds faster than Nicky if he were on a Ducati. Seeing as it's a race winner and all.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Dear Oh Dear

It's like an autograph signing at a JLS concert in here. I suspect Kleenex shares have just gone through the roof.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Saturn you old drunk....

2.01.584 - 2.01.157 = .427, POINT FOUR of a second, about  the only thing Rossi shined today was Uccio's knob. 

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

ccb

Does it trouble you Casey couldnt better Valentino? two world titles each and pretty even in terms of race wins before the Ducati switch.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Trouble me bud, why would it? Vale would swap his stats all day long as you and i would equally. You mention one mans Ducati ride and not the others (4yrs, not 2yrs,  aboard the thing). I know you're a good fella but please...................

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

vfr

You can pretend that marquez is" just a rookie",

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Define 'rookie'............................wanker.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices