Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi shines on factory Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi shines on factory Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi shines on factory Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi made a brilliant return to Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad in Malaysia today, the nine-times world champion ending the first day of 2013 pre-season testing with the fourth quickest time. Rossi showed a disastrous two-year spell with Ducati has not blunted his confidence or skills and the 33-year-old topped the timesheets for a period in the early part of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 February 2013 10:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

At least we know this

From the direct time comparison on the same bikes, it's obvious that Rossi is as good a rider as Dovizioso.  Well, other than the fact that Rossi has the new magic Yamaha gearbox, said to be worth 0.3/secs a lap, so not quite as good as Dovi then, but still, very encouraging.

And let's just drop the whole comparison with Stoner thing now, eh?  On the times, Rossi would finish the race on the same lap as Stoner, which he mostly did on the Ducati too, so he's lost none of the old skills: good to see.  Ok, it looks as if Dorna's tape of the Spanish national anthem will be worn out by the end of the year, but hey - for those who truly appreciate the best in racing, we can expect that if Rossi even gets on the podium, there will be a full-length pantomime with a marching band at interval at race end!  Won't that be nice, kiddies?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Huge

I do wish folk would stop fixating on stoner testing lap, He had a shocking race at sepang 2012 and Rossi sets his bike up for racing and overtaking not for a fast lap. he was apparently faster than the race record last year on a tyre with 27 laps on it so he's defo on course..

Did he personally tell you that bit about what he sets his bike up for?

And are you saying that he was faster today than last year's 'race record'? Sepang last year was a wet race

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Excited

The yellow army is,one Casey is laughing can only go fast on a sorted bike!!!!!, new season corrie wankers anyways let it go it for the best. Casey and the Ducati win, Rossi and the Ducati lose. Fact!!!

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Pacey

The problem is that we never got to see a head to head battle between them both on what we both would define as a top level bike. Both are awesome riders with differing strengths and weakness'es . Doohan fan and i were discussing on another thread about hailwood/stoners ability to ride a poor bike really fast when others couldnt. But it doesnt mean he goes that much faster when put on a more complete bike. ( more consistent yes) To keep knocking either rider is pointless . both are gods in their own right

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Dogberk

I checked as far as round four for 2011 which proved my statement fully so I could'nae be arsed checking further. Rossi was within the top six in eight of the twelve free practice timed sessions, but never once within the top six for qualifying. When the quick boys decide to go quick Rossi is left gasping. He hasn't been the quickest rider in the field since 2005.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

yeah yeah saturn i farked up

the gap will be closer to a second by the end of testing, the princeofrepsol has already broken the king of yellow wank stains and this on one of rossi's best tracks.  Rossi's great sepang record no doubt has a lot to do with his pre GP routine of a few days in Bangkok and Pattaya sampling all the lady boys have to offer, it is rumoured that rossi always tucks before racing in Malaysia in honour of his thai lady friends.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Steady as she goes.

This was the first day's testing of the new season..you can't get any earlier than that.

We have a shit pile more testing before the first race in April, then there are !8 races over the following 7 months.

Rossi's first day back on a competitive bike has been promising but he hasn't won anything yet, and neither has anybody else. 

What it has done though, despite the great man admitting nerves and doubts about his ability to be competitive after two years at Ducati, is give us a glimpse that he is still fast..and as the confidence and feeling return, will likely get faster.

Conditions today were lacking grip according to Bridgestone, so that Rossi was faster than the absent Australian's time on the first day of Sepang 1 last year, is encouraging.

More time to come, long way to go..slowly slowly catches the monkey.  

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

dreamers....

First day's testing and already the children are fighting and spouting rubbish.
nostro tell me when the last time Rossi was less than half a second from the lead in first practice?(apart from when he cheated of course)
The fact is none of them especially Rossi are going for fast times so far but I am sure you already know that.
It is fairly obvious that he feels comfortable back on the Yam and anyone that thinks he won't be challenging for podiums is crackers.
Will Dovi and Spies be where you predicted though? Ha Ha.....nothing wrong with the bike....

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Lacking grip?

that'll be you Wosi on reality, as per usual.

Stefan Bradl said the cool (for Sepang) weather and track conditions were perfect. Pedrosa said the track was in good condition.  I read the 'Stones mans report. No mention of lacking grip. They've had the CRT's running around for a couple of days to lay some rubber.

Reply to this Topic
whemy

Oct 10

whemy says:

calm down mcn

im sure it should say marquez out shines rossi?

i must agree though one day doesnt tell the true story.hope it stays dry for a better picture over the next few days.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices