Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi shines on factory Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi shines on factory Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi shines on factory Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi made a brilliant return to Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad in Malaysia today, the nine-times world champion ending the first day of 2013 pre-season testing with the fourth quickest time. Rossi showed a disastrous two-year spell with Ducati has not blunted his confidence or skills and the 33-year-old topped the timesheets for a period in the early part of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 February 2013 10:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
simplebystander

Oct 10

Good to see that the competition looks close this year - impressive by Marquez. Also great to see Rossi only a tenth back from Lorenzo. It is a shame that the Ducatis are struggling again, though not surprising in the slightest, hopefully their development will kick into gear early in the season. The first test certainly bodes well for a good year!

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

I can't wait to read the official Ducati end of testing statement lol

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

certain somebody cs69

Would that be the same person that said the top riders would move the goalposts away from Mr Rossi after the first day? Wrong again...

Vale only a fraction behind Jorge.Wait till he gets all his confidence back!
Also 2 rookies in front of an ex moto gp champ on a ducati.Nothing wrong wth the Ducati though.Very strange!
Marquez throws it down the road for the first time.Seems All is going to plan.

Reply to this Topic
thedokter46

Mar 09

thedokter46 says:

stoner

er doohan fan there is more than just a bit of proof stoner is way beyond also ran m8 ,who cares about 23 wins a fact is this he won only 2 titles in 10 yrs m8 and 45 wins, now in a 10 yr career its not all that really is it ,,as its not even near lorenzo with 4 and 48 wins in the same time frame ,if you compare him and lorenzo to rossi 7 titles on 125 250 500 990 hond /yam 5 titles back to back to back stoner isnt in the same league is he er no he isnt ,,,more over there is is a couple of facts here (1) stoner was on the bike randy de,punie rode fantastic but stoner crashed it to death,,, he then jumped ship fast onto what we all found out was a ducati 9mph faster than anything on the grid ....but rossi still took it to him ,,,a bike the duck  lukily didnt need developing the ducati by sheer fluke was sorted and stoner being an all over the gaff ragged rider oddly suited it,,,, the only one mind you a bit fuking silly wen you have 4 bikes on the grid 2 works 2 satalight nobody else can ride idiotic ,,,,so there is the first huge clue to a fact about stoner ill come back to later (2) the ducati instead of going on to win with stoners developement skills to win a second title............. i mean if your going to win 23 races fuk me thats enough to win at least 2 titles back to back easily...... but no infact even with stoner who its obvious by this point doesnt have the tools in his box to bring a bike forward ,,,,,,,,backed up with a second fact he jumped onto a honda which is undeniably already sorted no input needed,,,,,,, proving by his lack of developement skills again to keep the honda moving forward.... that again as on the duck he was so great on he couldnt retain his title bcos the honda had a problem chatter , but as is being infered so often by ppl who just have to try and place stoner in vales league he is still this utter great rider he isnt as good as ppl like to band about ,,,,,,rossi won 5 titles back to back to back and he is well known for being able to ride through chatter,,, stoner couldnt his very excuse as to why he was suffering on the honda was chatter ,,,,,,and stoner is not a smooth rider at all rossi is this again shows up some flaws,,,,,,, look stoner is one thing great for one season on a bike that catches everyone out twice he did this but only on 800cc bikes ,,,he has done this very thing but he can not as rossi does with ease keep a bike moving forward his feedback must be fuking shite m8 ,,,,,,cos both ducati and honda ignored it as drivel must of cos both bikes suffered in the proceeding seasons (3) if he was so fuking good m8 then this is what would of happend ok he wins a title on the ducati,,,, the bike with his detailed feedback moves forward yes,, other riders can ride it he finshes second in 08 but the bike is still a proper contender in 09 he again finshed second and decides a better offer from honda is worth a go to prove he can win on other makes ,,, ok now wen vale jumps on the ducati if stoner had of a been even half fuking on the ball vale would only have had to make some small recomendations ,,,,,,and we would of seen the dycati,s up there all the satalite bikes right on it aswell as the bike didnt need much to help it become easy to ride for any rider,,,,, but instead of all this stoner allowed the ducati to go backwards for 3 yrs unrideable by the very finest in the world rossi and a piece of shit a mess left behind by this great rider ,,,,,a great rider dont just win he enables the factory to take his feedback in detail and develope the bike forward not fuking backwards ,,,,,m8 stoner might be fast but he was the only person able to ride the bike and never did anything to move ducati on in gp the bike is a fuking mess and thats due in a massive part to stoner ,,,,

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

the dokter

Stream of consciousness, I like that, incoherent or not.

Lorenzo is  probably already better than stoner at least in terms of focus over a career, and valentino's career record is beyond compare. However it now seems likely valentino's career record for ducati will remain at zero wins, rather less than 23 by any arithmetic with which I am familiar.

Stoner's wins and championships, particularly on  the ducati, can't be airbrushed out whatever you might wish . Rossi immediately being fast on a yamaha as everyone knew he would be actually doesn't change stoner's record, rather enhances it by any logical argument if you really want to get down to it.

I  do think rossi is the GOAT, btw, just a GOAT who whilst he can ride everything else can't ride  ducatis, at least in comparison to stoner anyway as he himself has said. If he couldn't fix the ducati, with many times the resources that stoner had,  there are those who might see it as harsh or even unreasonable  to blame stoner for it, particularly since the 2010 bike which was the diabolical precursor to the diabolical 2011 bike wasn't by ducati's own account developed by or for stoner.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

doktertwat

I've never heard such shite

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

doktertwat

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

doktertwat

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

OK - OK - OK

No need to repeat yourself, Simon.

BTW - I've heard a rumour that Doktor(Yes - my IQ really is 46)Twat is in reality Motoking's evil twin on speed.  Or is he the defrocked Reverend with a BabbleFish in his gob?  I forget now ..... but the real solution is to let the eyes drift over the page and instead stop on the latest Wosi-troll post if you have a need to read some anti-Stoner shite.  At least he uses a standard variation of English.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

el diablo

I am on record here more recently (including in  the post to which you replied, actually), and elsewhere for years, as saying that the 2010, 2011, and 2012 bikes were horrible bikes and that none of them were championship capable, as was rather demonstrated by riders as good as stoner and even more so rossi  not contending for championships on them.

I don't need to hypothesize about stoner's record on a ducati, he won 23 races and a championship, on a bike which may have been relatively better when he started but was still difficult on  all available evidence, and for a marque which in its history has won only that championship as against 14 for honda and 16 for yamaha..

If you want to play hypotheticals, if ducati hadn't quit on stoner (which is what happened in 2009, quite possibly not unreasonably given appearances at the time) and they had continued with developing the 2009 carbon fibre thing on which he was actually reliably fast when healthy in his direction I think he would have done better than he did in 2010, and other riders would have continued to struggle on it.

Whatever  they changed to produce the 2010 bike made it diabolical, which had little to do with stoner imo, and the 2011 bike had even less to do with rossi.  Actually if rossi et al did really get rid of the instability  towards the end of the carbon fibre bike, making it a stable slow bike for him, if I wanted to be mischievous I could suggest stoner might have been able to do something on that bike.   

Again, I am not attempting to detract from rossi here, except insofar as disagreeing with criticism of stoner constitutes hating rossi in the opinion of some, including you it would seem.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices