Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi shines on factory Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi shines on factory Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi shines on factory Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi made a brilliant return to Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad in Malaysia today, the nine-times world champion ending the first day of 2013 pre-season testing with the fourth quickest time. Rossi showed a disastrous two-year spell with Ducati has not blunted his confidence or skills and the 33-year-old topped the timesheets for a period in the early part of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 February 2013 10:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

meanwhile...

Rossi doing his favourite party trick of going backwards...0.4 from yesterday to 0.5 today!! and yet the yellow mankini wearers are revelling and rejoicing!! wonder how big the gap will be tomorrow...?

loving Dani's not-giving-lorenzo-anything mentality seen so far. I think he'll do as much as possible to make sure hes in front of lorenzo come the end of testing tomorrow....mind games from the wee fella?

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

2 days down and 1 to go.
Dani and JL starting off as they finished last season. Hopefully we will see the best of them both again this season. Marquez very quick as expected and clearly he has the ability to win races, but maybe not the championship yet – his season will no doubt include some ‘crazy moments’ that will affect some of his races (and no doubt affect other riders too!) But not much chance of battles again with Iannone who mysteriously seems to be 3 seconds behind him (nothing to do with being on a Ducati which behaves exactly the same as a Honda eh Nostro?!). Dovi is also now a second a lap down on Cal…hmm.
Rossi as most thought goes straight back into the top 4 now on the M1.
Good to see Brad going well early days.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Without doubt,

Marquez is superfast, and will enter MotoGP as he did Moto2, ie. showing very little respect to anyone in front of him. He's unlikely to complete his early races, bubble up and rubber down, and if it is indeed close racing, this can quite possibly end in high speed crashes, to the detriment of other riders. I hope the penalty points system is implemented fully on Marquez, but Honda won't like this applied to their 'golden boy', so an interesting season ahead.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

You just know it one of the riders is gonna have a moan about aggressive riding the same aliens Lorenzo and Pedrosa who wanted the late Marco Simoncelli banned from racing.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Dovi needs to try harder, there's nothing wrong with that duke

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Change of subject -FRR.

Right, you pack of Bastards..

MCN's 2013 FRR (Fantasy Road Race) competition is coming up, and old wosi has been reliably informed by our glorious leader, Matt Birt himself, that the new rider lists should be out next week.

I'll kick it off, if there are no objections, and I'm thinking of adding a Trans Atlantic type twist for added vitriol and banter.

Usual rules apply, WITH changes allowed, unlike last year.

I'm thinking of asking Regular Posters who want to play, to include their home country to their application. We could then divide people into continental teams accordingly..EG: Britain, Europe, Americas, Australias etc. and have the top three scorers each round going towards a team competition.

If we get enough, maybe divide it down again to countries..ENG, IRE, SCO, ITA, SPA, USA, AUS, NZ etc.

I'm going to ask Birt if MCN can sort a few goodies for respective Individual & Team winners.

What dya reckon? Any Ideas?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

wosi

now i have to say that was imo class!!!!!! hybrid moto gp with the terminator(my fave sci fi movie ever) and also nostors love for ducati and rossi not failing when stats say yes he did mate meh.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

I've been waiting for that

Nostro - a reasoned debate from you - I knew you could do it ! 

I know about the Kiwi/Aussi thing I worked with a lovely Kiwi girl a while ago and got some background into the rivalry - especially the accent - nothing worse than mistaking the Kiwi accent for and Aussi one eh ?

I see you still refuse to see Rossi as an alien - I think being only 0.4 off 0.5 at this stage puts him firmly back. After being becalmed for 2 years it will take a little time to fully regain confidence. After all Rossi usually races better than he qualifies anyway.  Marquez is obviously another special talent.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Sepang Day 2 Results

Po. Name TeamGap First
1PEDROSA D.Repsol Honda Team2:00.549
2LORENZO J.Yamaha Factory Racing+0.019
3MARQUEZ M.Repsol Honda Team+0.254
4ROSSI V.Yamaha Factory Racing+0.489
5CRUTCHLOW C.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+0.762
6BRADL S.LCR Honda MotoGP+0.820
7BAUTISTA A.Go & Fun Honda Gresini+1.180
8SMITH B.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+1.382
9HAYDEN N.Ducati Team+1.561
10DOVIZIOSO A.Ducati Team+1.830
11AKIYOSHI K.HRC Test Team+1.977
12NAKASUGA K.Yamaha Factory+2.152
13SPIES B.Ignite Pramac Racing Team+2.453

Seems like there was rain halfway through. These were the same results with about 4 hours to go, if I recall coreectly. Spies' shoulder is hurting a lot, so does the fact he's on that POS Ducati. Marquez is extremely impressive so far, a quarter second in front of Rossi is no small feat.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

stoner is indeed retired saturn

So why are you bringing him up?.

The ducati gp10, gp11 and gp12 were all awful bikes.

Rossi doing well on a yamaha in 2013 as was always likely before or after the sepang test will prove nothing about stoner though; it won't prove much about rossi either, he is and always will be a very great rider.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices