Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi shines on factory Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi shines on factory Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi shines on factory Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi made a brilliant return to Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad in Malaysia today, the nine-times world champion ending the first day of 2013 pre-season testing with the fourth quickest time. Rossi showed a disastrous two-year spell with Ducati has not blunted his confidence or skills and the 33-year-old topped the timesheets for a period in the early part of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 February 2013 10:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

wosi

sign me up! great idea. as always the usa will win lol

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

A bit quick

I never expected that from Marc Marquez, I would have said a respectable 6th or a good 8th. Wait until 4 races in then we should be able to judge how well everyone is doing, obviously way too early yet.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

where is benny

we miss you!

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

It's not too early

I think it's clear it's going to be a 2.5 horse race with the occasional flamboyant dressage from a one trick pony. The question is which of the 2.5? My money would be on Dani Pedrosa right now because I think Marquez will scupper his own plans and I think Lorenzo will either fold or the gearbox will rob him. Yamaha have left it too late if they want to keep on terms with Honda, Lorenzo,Rossi and the Tech 3's should all have arrived at Sepang with the requested gearbox tested and ready to go.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Un antipasto per la stagione

Well it does look like its going to be a good year.

The 2 aliens in form, the young pretender and olddog ready to join the ranks.
Smith is on only his second day and looking strong, smooth and able to improve - and lest we forget, MM has had his private test so already has his 'Rossi-Misano' advantage in the bag.

But testing is testing, il primo corso is yet to come.

Wosi - count me in, Italy calling...

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi-FRR

I'm going to ask Birt if MCN can sort a few goodies for respective Individual & Team winners.

What dya reckon? Any Ideas?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah bud. What about my prize for winning last seasons FRR?

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

frr

Id like to join in too

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

FRR..

Nice..hopefully there'll be some quality bickering and squabbling.

Watch this space..

PS: Pacey..you won one of those funny blow up cushions you sit on if your arse is sore..bright orange it is.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

simoncbr1000rr

Agree with you to be honest mate but Capirossi did have some good results to be fair though in 07. 

he got 3rd, 2nd (twice), 1st, and a few other top 6's, aint bad is it, and 4 DNFs dont help in the championship so although he maybe came 8th in the table his results where not as bad as most recent Ducati riders.

Agree that Stoner made a difference on the 07 Duke  but a certain somebody slating Rossi's set up and development skills when Stoner aint no better just makes me laugh.  Obviously Ducati dont listen to their riders)

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

you leave stoner out of this

El diablo and so will I, but history will always record that stoner won 23 races on a ducati 800. Circumstances alter cases, etc, etc , but I can't see how winning 23 races on a ducati makes  stoner a bad rider.

Stoner was also half a second odd  faster than this year's best time at the sepang test last year; doubtless weather, track conditions, bike weights, tyres etc differ, but still doesn't provide much evidence thus far for stoner being over rated.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices