Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi shines on factory Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi shines on factory Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi shines on factory Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi made a brilliant return to Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad in Malaysia today, the nine-times world champion ending the first day of 2013 pre-season testing with the fourth quickest time. Rossi showed a disastrous two-year spell with Ducati has not blunted his confidence or skills and the 33-year-old topped the timesheets for a period in the early part of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 February 2013 10:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

el diablo

We are talking somewhat at cross purposes here.

I am not arguing that stoner is the superior rider overall (he can obviously be very, very good without being as good as valentino though). My argument is that unique elements in his riding style allowed him to get something out of the flawed ducati that more conventional riders no matter how good could not, which is pretty much what valentino has said himself.

This whole thing has gone full circle a number of times. What I am arguing is that valentino being immediately fast back on the yamaha, and being competitive for the 2013 championship as I am sure he will be, proved/will prove things which did not need to be proved about valentino, and may disprove arguments concerning him by some stoner fans, but doesn't/won't ( I would say can't) prove anything about stoner.

I do disagree that stoner will be forgotten, although some may try to do so. He will imo be remembered more like freddie spencer than like valentino rossi, but what he has achieved is still substantial. He will also be inextricably linked with valentino, and unless and until somebody else has substantial success on the ducati if they continue he will be remembered as the only rider to be successful for them. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices