Skip to content

Discuss This New HD Street Glide at London Motorcycle Show New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New HD Street Glide at London Motorcycle Show

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New HD Street Glide at London Motorcycle Show

The Carol Nash MCN London Motorcycle Show takes place on February 15 to 17 at ExCel. Almost every new bike will be there along with customs, classic and the amazing Revolution live show. Harley-Davidson, back after a year's absence, will have a large range of bikes on show with the Street Glide tourer and the Street Bob both new for 2013. The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 February 2013 11:23)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Blasphemy?

You have to understand that among many in the US, criticizing Harley-Davidson is a greater offense than defaming the Pope during the height of the Spanish Inquisition (the Inquisition would at worst make you sit in the Comfy Chair until lunch time, with only coffee at 11, but the H-D faithful might make you ride pillion on an old (pre rubber engine mounts Sportster).

I must have been born on the wrong side of the pond, since cruisers have no appeal to me (excluding the Triumph America) and I like the TriumphModern Classics” in general.

Noticed that the Street Glide has almost exactly the same displacement as one of my Honda’s, yet the Honda handily beats the H-D in both power and torque - and will likely well outlast the H-D, since it is a bloody cage motor (Civic EX).

@ 69Fastback – The biggest difference between a Moto Guzzi and a Harley-Davidson is weight: the V7 and Sportster are relatively similar in size and displacement and both have air-cooled engines, but the H-D weighs nearly half again as much, which accounts for a lot of the Goose’s superior performance.

Reply to this Topic
mcitours2

Feb 13

mcitours2 says:

harley street glide

good point on residual values, a Harley holds its value way better than most other makes with only some BMW models, the Ducati Diavel/Panigale and perhaps the KTM 990/1190 Adventure getting close.

Do agree this model looks a bit like a vintage AA patrol bike, but having ridden plenty of H-Ds in the USA, which IMHO is where they really deliver 100% of their riding experience, I can see why people love 'em. Nope it isn't a `new' H-D as the last new bike was arguably the V-Rod. But each to their own.

MCi tours is down at the London show Sunday, so we'll park a bum cheek on the H-D and see what the view looks like from t'handlebars. :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Oh my oh my, I got so confusicated just then, I wondered why the AA were advertising for their tractor breakdown service in MCN.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices