Skip to content

Discuss This New HD Street Glide at London Motorcycle Show New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New HD Street Glide at London Motorcycle Show

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New HD Street Glide at London Motorcycle Show

The Carol Nash MCN London Motorcycle Show takes place on February 15 to 17 at ExCel. Almost every new bike will be there along with customs, classic and the amazing Revolution live show. Harley-Davidson, back after a year's absence, will have a large range of bikes on show with the Street Glide tourer and the Street Bob both new for 2013. The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 February 2013 11:23)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Room101

Oct 12

Room101 says:

this is not new!

This is not new! The Street Glide has been in the Harley range for years! ??? When Harley actually build a new bike, wake me up.

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

New

A series of tweaks and small updates, just like most sportsbikes get. Yes, it doesn't look different. It's not supposed to. But then, most sportsbikes look the same until they get a major overhaul. In the last few years the streetglide has gained a different engine, different frame, different transmission and different running gear. Guess that makes it the "same" though....

Usual MCN style commentary from the unimaginative here. Let me spell it out for you in simple words so you understand. Steet Glide riders do not care about top speed. They are not interested in ground clearance and lean angles. The breaks are perfectly adaquate for the speeds they intend to do. Everything you say about the weight, performance, and so on about sportsbikes is like someone extolling the virtues of plastic plates over china ones.

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Expensive

"Everything you say about the weight, performance, and so on about sportsbikes is like someone extolling the virtues of plastic plates over china ones." With prices to match! Always been amazed at the price Harley's command!

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

sportsbike riders

i couldn't care less about carbon fibre, traction control, lap times, lean angles, knee sliders or any of that, and yet i can say harley's are ridiculously over priced and this 'newest' bike looks like a kids crayon drawing in it's high vis yellow. you dont have to ride a sportsbike or a harley, there are a lot of bikes 10 times better in every way for a fraction of the price

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

"Plasic plates and China plates"

Other comparisons include "Good and Bad" "Happy and Miserable" "Chalk and Cheese" what about "Modern and Ancient" ? or "Efficient and Barely capable" My particular Favorite is "Stunning and Butt ugly pile of old shite". Yes we all have our opinions on what is and isn't nice looking and it wouldn't surprise me that some people will find this bike "good looking" and cough up the $$$$'s (or ££££'s). 

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Price

Harley's are over-priced in the UK, they are about the same in $ as they are in £ in the US; and in some Euro places the same in Euros. They are not the only model range where that rule applies though.

And as for actual comparitor cost - an R1 or ZZR14 or Panigale ain't the bargain they were vs Harley some years ago. Hog's ain't cheap (I'll admit), but their prices have stayed pretty stable over the past few years.

I'm sure the neon-yellow is an acquired taste (much like the Busa), but there are other options. A lot of sportbikes look like their final schemes were done by a teenage grafiti sprayer.

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Other comparisons

The point I was trying to make....Harley make a product for people that want a product that does what a Harley does. Sportsbikes are for people who want what a sportsbike does. Criticising one for not being the other is like criticising all bikes for not being able to stand-up by themsleves......the points are true, but irrelevant.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

yes but ...with respect

no one was comparing "SportsBikes to Harleys" not on this thread. And the Busa may well look Crap in Yellow (I've owned two and have enjoyed every one of the 88000 miles so far) but you can't get away from the fact that the Harley is one ugly bike.

Reply to this Topic
Room101

Oct 12

Room101 says:

... its still not new - why claim it is?

Last main change was a small volume hike with retention of old heads for emission reasons and not performance reasons as a stop-gap for the water cooled big twins that are in the pipeline. I have been to the HD factory and seen all their processes, their paint jobs are about the best in the industry. Colour is opinion only but whatever it is will be best quality paint job. The Street Glide is massively priced for what it is (a lowered / slammed electra glide with plain fenders) especially when compared to their other models like the Dyna Custom or the standard Electra. The ZZR, and R1 are overpriced due to the yen, the Penigale is simply overpriced probably due to manuf volume. Takes me back to the original point – this is not new! Modifications are minor / paint. The MoCo are hanging on until their water-cooling comes. MCN and HD should not be shouting this up as a ‘new’ model. The switchback was the last HD I would honestly call ‘new’ as it had a frame that handles designed for Europe, plus the new concept of a lightweight big twin tourer together with QD screen and panniers to give a tour bike and custom bike in one. ~ I always thought it unfair that sportsbike riders diss Harley cruise models as bad handling etc. But actually when you see Triumph build heavy customs that perform and go around corners, their criticism is justified (and HD knew it when they designed the Switchback) And for final clarity or claimed newness ( title of this thread; NEW HD Street Glide at London Show? ) of this bike at the show, the Street Glide was in the 2010 catalogue with the old 1584cc engine and already in the 2011 catalogue with the new 1690cc engine!

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Harley Hataz United?

Harley now comfortably outsells Suzuki in the UK by volume. And by margin, they must be minting it. It's like, what if people actually wanted to pay more to shag fat, ugly, sloppy old prozzies, and not only that, actually boasted about it to their mates?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices