Skip to content

Discuss This New HD Street Glide at London Motorcycle Show New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New HD Street Glide at London Motorcycle Show

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New HD Street Glide at London Motorcycle Show

The Carol Nash MCN London Motorcycle Show takes place on February 15 to 17 at ExCel. Almost every new bike will be there along with customs, classic and the amazing Revolution live show. Harley-Davidson, back after a year's absence, will have a large range of bikes on show with the Street Glide tourer and the Street Bob both new for 2013. The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 February 2013 11:23)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Sportsbikes vs Harley

is exactly what this thread immediately became about. Attacking Harlies as over-weight or underpowered or under-breaked or poor handling is irrelevant and is using measurements of the abilities of a sportsbike for a non-sportsbike.

It doesn't matter that manufacturer X Y or Z makes a cruiser that is lighter/faster/better handling becuase those things are not a point of competition for these types of bike. To torture a metaphor, its like saying the ZX10R is the best sportsbike because it is green and the others aren't. It may be true, but its not a relevant measurement.

Outside of the sportsbike world, lighter or faster does not immediately mean better. But there are so many people trapped in that tunnel vision who can't see anything else.

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

To each their own..

..but this Harley manages to look even more dated than ever. I know Harley's are a bike draw but it doesn't do anything for me and it ain't gonna be cheap! I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Street Glides

Look better with a rider onboard than some other bikes manage. Some BMWs are like this too.

They're also better in the flesh. Go see one, though perhaps not a bright yellow one:doubt:.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

ANichol....

ermmmm ,,, You are the only one here comparing Harleys to Sportsbikes. The rest have mostly said "It's Ugly and over priced" thats all.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

sack

"this Harley manages to look even more dated than ever"

Japanese companys pay designers good money to achieve just that.

Oh the irony :wink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

No Comparison!

Having owned and ridden (amongst many other bikes) Guzzi's for over thirty years now, I find it mind boggling when a Harley owner comes up to me with a benevolent tone in his voice. Another irritation is the 'now common' comparison/view of Harley's to Guzzi's! Sorry to report: there is 'no' comparison. Not meaning to sound arrogant; I can often be spotted on the welsh twisty's, leaving (within the speed limit) many a sports bike an embarrassing distance behind me, as for the Harley...! That also applies to track day's! The Guzzi is a typical (if somewhat dated) Italian bike, expensive to run, with the odd idiosyncratic handling issue, much underestimated, and wrongly compared with a Harley. IMHO

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

expensive

Here we go again

More expensive over the top old technology  junk .

Why would anyone want to pay over the top when you can buy a british bike for half the price and more reliable.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

seriously

You Bitching haters sound like cagers ffs

Reply to this Topic
cetdac

Mar 10

cetdac says:

Over priced?

Really?

Well ok maybe so - but try trading in your old japanese bike in 10 years and see what you get?

Oh sorry you mean you want to keep up with all the other garish boys in your romper suits and have to keep buying this years fasted whatever thingy?

Then theres tyres - hugely grossly expensive on sports bikes, and then theres replacing them every couple of thousand miles, and the brake pads (My Harley barely goes quick enough to need brakes :) and dont get me started on the servicing of them - which you cant do your self any more.

Nope think I will stick to my over priced Harley - bought a second hand big twin evo for 5.5k and still worth 5k easilly now 3 years later. Terrible waste of money - took me right across France last year without missing a beat - out did my mates Wing in fuel economy easilly too.

Plus no more standing by the side of the road getting a ticket for speeding - "yes officer.....sorry!" etc.

Reply to this Topic
scotsmaninusa

Apr 10

what same price??????

whoever said harleys are priced the same $ to pound is well off the mark.this bike is 18 grand out the door in UK,it's $25 grand in USA.and even if you converted it it would be $28 grand for a brit to buy it in USA to ship back.no comparisson at all.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices