Skip to content

Discuss This Howling Honda Six to appear at London Motorcycle Show! General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Howling Honda Six to appear at London Motorcycle Show!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Howling Honda Six to appear at London Motorcycle Show!

The Carol Nash MCN London Motorcycle Show takes place on February 15 to 17 at ExCel. Almost every new bike will be there along with customs, classic and the amazing Revolution live show. Even if you aren’t riding to the Excel show you might want to think about bringing a set of earplugs as the stunning George Beale Honda RC174 six-cylinder...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 February 2013 11:56)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
speedy231278

Jun 10

speedy231278 says:

This pic appears to be an RC166.  Smaller than a 174, but sounds insane!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

I saw the mighty Mike Hailwood race one of these - the sound was incredible !

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

If you can't wait......

you can here lots of it on Youtube! And the 125-5 and MVs etc.

Reply to this Topic
Ozzie3

Dec 04

Ozzie3 says:

Honda 6

I was lucky enough to have started my bike racing days in the 60's when the Honda 6 250 and 297 were about together with the 125 5.Two stroke Yammys which had about 16 gears and the mighty MV's.All brilliant although I must admit the Moto GP 990's were pleasing to the ear.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

My old man still goes on about these bikes and their sound. When whe heard the Aprillia Cube at Assen one day, he mentioned he had heard that cube and those Honda's as well. Therefore he's one up on bike sounds.

Reply to this Topic
Stritchy

Jul 07

Stritchy says:

What a sound

This machine was at the Honda Owners Club 50th anniversary show in 2011.

You can hear the bike on this YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiCpYZMQIrg&list=UUKvHGsQJ6OQ_TH4Vrhzos3g&index=15

Reply to this Topic
g2yt

Aug 02

g2yt says:

Honda RC174

Strichy, you are mistaken that this bike was run in the video link. The bike shown in that link is a 250cc four cylinder which appears to be based on a road bike engine. The RC174 is a shade over 297cc and is six cylinders. A completely different sound. Much more high pitched and much higher revving and much louder. No video can do justice to the sound of these bikes. If you haven't heard an RC166 or RC174 running before I suggest you go and have a look.

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

I've heard this bike running

at Donington Park - May'05. Very loud, not quite as loud as a Vulcan Bomber on take off. Still very loud tho and worth a visit if you haven't seen one. Some bloke rang up a mate when it was running "OMG listen to this" he said as the phone mic completely overloaded. Some people...

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-mnG5SteUk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJboyZ0rLC0

If you want to hear the real one!

Reply to this Topic
ExFlyer

Oct 03

ExFlyer says:

Try this...

I think it was1966 when we went to Mallory Park the day before the Race of the Year and there was Mike Hailwood dragging this priceless exotic bike out of the back of an old Ford Thames van!

Catch Rossi et el doing that..

I think this is one of the best Youtube links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaRop_ZMwo0

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices