You are in... Forums > General > General > Where to Ride

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

magot

Mar 09

magot says:

Where to Ride

It's a Saturday morning jump on the bike shoot off down the road absolutly no idea where I am Going to end up, the night before I try to make a decition as to where I am going to go but it never pans out that way, I often think it would be nice to have a predetermind route planned out but I can never decide where to go, I live just outside Bury St Edmunds Suffolk. Should I carry on taking pot luck as to where I will end up or plan a route what do you think.  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 February 2013 13:05)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Pin

Stick a pin in a map the night before.

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

People often

tell me to get lost. So I do. Head somewhere take a few random turns and see what happens. Will eventually find signs for something/somewhere you know and can work your way back from there.

Or, pick a destination but avoid planning the how - coz you'll use major roads. Try to head in the right direction(ish), and if you don't make it so what?

Using these, I found some very good roads on my doorstep between Basildon Grays and Tilbury - while everyone else is on the A13. And I mean EVERYONE else:mad:(back road not good for the commuter run)

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

yip

get lost and all things are possible, and i have over the years found some monster roads i would never have found had i pre planned it.

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

anywhere as long as you

avoid the A14 !  How about Thetford, Kings Lynn, sunny Hunny, cromer and home via Dereham and Diss.....Some pretty nice roads..........depends on how long you want to be gone!...............:unsure:   or stick to plan B, which is, there is no plan. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices