Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow: ‘2013 will be a big war’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow: ‘2013 will be a big war’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow: ‘2013 will be a big war’

British rider Cal Crutchlow reckons MotoGP fans will be gripped by some hard and pulsating racing in 2013 after an enthralling start to pre-season testing at the Sepang track in Malaysia today. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider set the sixth best time on a YZR-M1 machine that was fitted with an updated engine compared to the bike he rode in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 February 2013 13:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Good start Cal. This year it has the makings of a unbelievable season.. But astonished he's basically on last seasons kit. Dani won something like 7 of the last 9(guess?) races meaning the yam was losing quite a bit to the honda and jorge could do nothing about it(still can't figure out how the Honda lost last year!!), The bike needed serious progress just to catch up never mind match the progress honda will have undoubtably made.. The yam has never reached the lofty dominant heights it did with Rossi in charge. they need to revisit that set up if they want to challenge and then pass the parts down. With full factory hondas in the sat team, tech 3 are already at a disadvantage..

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

huge

Dani won something like 7 of the last 9(guess?) races meaning the yam was losing quite a bit to the honda and jorge could do nothing about it(still can't figure out how the Honda lost last year!!),

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe Dani was just better and JLo is happy to ride for points? There's a fag-papers difference between these two bikes, as today shows, yet you continually suggest the Honda is far superior. Why would that be bud lol?  A fit Dani is a very, very fast man.

As for Cal's comment regarding this season, i totally agree. It has all the ingredients for a great championship.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Engine

Using that engine Jorge used ain't a bad start to test on and be in the top 6 I think cal will be right up there this season.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Dovi money bags

Won't be part of it I'm afraid.sell out.

Reply to this Topic
mezzer

Jul 11

mezzer says:

"Dovi money bags

Won't be part of it I'm afraid.sell out."

Sell out?    Cal was well pi**ed off last year when Dovi got the Ducati ride, Cal was hoping that ride would be his, and the ££££££££££ with it

Bet you Cal is made up now though! and check out Brads times, not far behind Cal and probably on a lower spec engine too

Reply to this Topic
SStyloF

Oct 10

SStyloF says:

The Titanium Gnome...

.. is a flipping fast rider. Years of just being an occasional winner are over. I think now that hes over his injuries he sees thats its now or never, Stoner woke him up, tho' IN MY OPINION it was Dani that broke Stoner(at Sachsenring) by pushing themselves both to the limit.
I never noticed GP riders ragged but there and Laguna, the on board and circuit cameras showed some divine talents passing the limit.

I was never a Dani fan but man he rode the balls off the end of 2012 as well as having some smart racecraft.

Reply to this Topic
thedokter46

Mar 09

thedokter46 says:

dani

i have to agree dani has had some of the worst luk injury after injury and then the bike being not quite on it feel for him alot he will end up if he doesnt do something soon like nori the best rider never to best a gp crown it waould be unfair as dani is a quality rider a fantastic little battler wish him the very best he defo handed lorenzo his arse last year a few times fair n square

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

mezz

yer i know bud just a bit of banter but the ducati is closer today tho, and the tech 3 yams are looking strong, ill be wearing monster tech 3 gear with pride this year as i did last but this tiem with an all british team, brad is showing 2 fingers to his critics imo, thie year will be a big test but he must like the way the basics of the m1 feel i mean just look at spies after a good rest on the duke!!!

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Dani - he's very fast

I have to agree Dani thrashed Jorge in the last few races of 2012.I don't think Jorge had an answer to him.Dani is the main threat to Jorge this year but I'm not dismissing either Rossi or Marquez even though I think it unlikely they will win the championship this year.

I think Marc Marquez will be a big threat next year,but Dani is defenatly the man Jorge has to worry about this year.Saying that Jorge is the man to beat & beating him is never going to be easy !

Reply to this Topic
klacto

Oct 12

klacto says:

Wars

Last season was a war but only two contenders in it, hopefully this season we will have at least four cutting it. . It's always tempting to believe that wars today are harder fought than in days of yore. Even when Ago was racing his MV against singles he had to get round that Mountain Circuit. No, wars today are no harder, it's because we can see it with our own eyes we believe it so. Wars of the past have been just as cut throat and no inflating armour plated leather to help out when that limit is passed. It's also true though that the last couple of seasons "sans" a competetive doctor have been flat. At least this time once JL has bested the flying midget (Dani) he will also have to  best the crazy one( MM)  AND the doctor before he can cross the finishing line as the winner. I doubt he'll be able to settle for a bunch of second places and hope Dani falls off.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices