Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati barely scraped into the top ten in the first MotoGP test at Sepang – should they just admit defeat? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Ducati barely scraped into the top ten in the first MotoGP test at Sepang – should they just admit defeat?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ducati barely scraped into the top ten in the first MotoGP test at Sepang – should they just admit defeat?

After the first test of 2013, Valentino Rossi is back on top pace, running in fourth place, while Andrea Dovizioso (who took his ride at Ducati) is in a lowly 13th place. Former teammate Nicky Hayden is top Ducati in 10th, while fellow American ben Spies is in the last of the full time GP machine riders, back in 17th...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 February 2013 17:17)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

WSB

Seems to me that Ducati should give up in MOTOGP and concentrate on WSB. Or perhaps they are already thinking about it. Hence the reason for no new bike at the MOTOGP test. Oh another thing can you Rossi knockersout their man up and give us an apology for saying it was Rossi and not the Ducati. You only had to watch Rossi and Haydon last year to know it was the bike and not the rider they couldn't of ridden any harder

Reply to this Topic
290mph600

Jul 08

290mph600 says:

Can't they just change the rules like they do in WSB?

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Rossi Haters

They'll never apologise for slagging Rossi. You could clearly see that the bike was a pig. The problem is the Ducati 'DNA' ; if they refuse to develop the correct weight distribution of the motor, they'll always have the vague front end problem.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

At many races in 2012.............

...........they were one of the fastest through the speed trap so the basic engine power is there. They should stop chucking money away and call it a day though.

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

they need to stand back

imho, that guy in the wheelchair ruled with his ideas, not saying that the guy was/is not a brilliant and inovative fantastic engineer, (in fact i'm sure he is) but the path he had planned didn't work for the riders within the current rules. I think Ducati require me in exchange for free engine parts roflol, i feel that the Yamaha/Honda have protype bike programs with more branches that Ducati can imagine, so it's easier for them to change to rule changes.  Also Ducati are operating out of s shed in someones back garden in comparison to Yam and Honda

Reply to this Topic
kevinschwantz

Sep 10

Ducati MotoGP v WSB ???

I think they should give MotoGP up as it's doing their image no good at all which Audi will be aware of, however they will be contracted into the series for a while so it may not be that easy. They should put a factory effort into WSB and even if the rules are going more proddy based that is ok because "win on sunday ride on monday" will be much better for the brand and Audi... 

Reply to this Topic
Kingsil

Mar 09

Kingsil says:

Go back to what you know

Ducati for me will always mean Foggy and the 916, they shifted so many of them on the back of those glory years that I never understood why they went GP racing. Only Honda have deep enough pockets these days to compete successfully in GP's and launch a whole new range of bikes at the same time. Yamaha's range is stagnating by comparison. With Suzuki and Kawasaki gone Awol we need a new vision for the premier class (CRT ain't it!) or it will whither and die. As someone who has been following since Agostini, Read, Roberts, Sheene et al that would be a real sad day for me.

Reply to this Topic
CountryLad

Feb 13

CountryLad says:

Thumbs up for Ducati and Diversity

Ducati have always been the smaller factory enterprise in MotoGP and the race series is all the better for their involvement. Without Ducati MotoGP will become a race between Honda and Yamaha, albeit as factory and satellite teams, with a lesser presence of Aprilia and perhaps Suzuki in the future. What Dorna ought to be doing is reviewing the rules to encourage a stronger presence from Ducati and others, for example BMW, factory Aprilia and so on... Should Ducati give up? Hell No!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle