Skip to content

Ask an Expert scooter not starting need help please!? Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > scooter not starting need help please!?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

colemandc

Feb 13

colemandc says:

scooter not starting need help please!?

hi, so i have a 49c digita 51 bought from learnerlegal.com, i have had since just before last christmas. i had no problems until around 3 months ago when it was stolen and all me electrics stopped working. i left it until after christmas to fix as the roads were too icy to use anyway. now when i went back the kickstart has jammed in place, and cant use electric start because of electrical problems. please i need any advice you guys can offer? it is not low on oil (2stroke) and has never had any problems with the kick.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 February 2013 18:52)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I assume you've tried to unseize

the kick start with WD40 and so on?

Reply to this Topic
colemandc

Feb 13

colemandc says:

not yet

no but i will give it a try now and let you know if it helps, thank you for the speedy reply :D 

Reply to this Topic
colemandc

Feb 13

colemandc says:

no luck

ok just used wd40 on kickstart still stuck in place. it has a little play in it but no more than it did before. i hope my engine is not seized this bike is fairly new. my dad has one exectly the same and hes had no problems so far.

Reply to this Topic
colemandc

Feb 13

colemandc says:

need any help and advice

i am fairly new when it comes to bikes, and i honestly dont know if my scooter is now worth scrap metal or not! this is so frustrating i paid 600 pound a little over a year ago for it. a friend suggested pouring 2stroke down the spark plug hole says it should lubricate the engine and free up whatever is jammed, what do you guys think?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Ginnelli

Mar 07

Ginnelli says:

Kickstart

Have you tried removing the kickstart and then the engine cover, it could be a case of the kickstart spring has come off causing the kickstart to jam in place. Also what electrics do you have. I had a chinese scooter and the electrics failed, but when i  traced it back it was a case of a block connector coming loose behind the fairing soon fixed with a cable tie.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices