Skip to content

Discuss This Is the new owner of Husqvarna wrong to ditch the road bike range? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Is the new owner of Husqvarna wrong to ditch the road bike range?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Is the new owner of Husqvarna wrong to ditch the road bike range?

Husqvarna have been bought by the owner of KTM, after BMW sold off the Swedish-Italian manufacturer last week, as broken exclusivly by MCN. Stefan Pierer, the new owner, has vowed that he'll take the company back to their roots, ditching the current lineup of road bikes, in favour of off roaders only. What do you think of his decision? Is it the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 February 2013 11:18)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CobbZ

Jun 10

CobbZ says:

Hells yeah!

Mainly the Nuda 900R, that thing is an absolute beast! And what a soundtrack! Watch "royal jordanian" on youtube to hear/see its potential.

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Excellent idea! Get rid BMW influence.

Take Husky back to its roots and make it the best dirt bike money can buy.  Period!

Screw the crappy 650cc BMW-Kymco engine that was injected into the line. 

Best of luck to Pierer.  He seems to be on the right track. 

Reply to this Topic
F0ulOli

Jun 12

F0ulOli says:

Off Road is where Money is

It seems to me that off road, either tracks, byways or just farms, is where you can really have fun with a motorbike. It gets rid of any regulations for fuel efficiency, power to weight and all the other EU crap that slows a bike down! ;)

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Shame, really. They were building some very fun road bikes

Reply to this Topic
bikerdezzie

Jan 06

bikerdezzie says:

The blokes an idiot, I have a nuda, I love it to bits, only had it around 5 months then they turn round and say this, he wants shot with shit, his loss and I hope I have no problems when it comes to selling it one day or finding parts etc or the dealer will get it wrapped around his neck!

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

put mouth where money is

I looked at the poll results.  It's 60% for road bikes.  But what percentage of the 60% will actually buy a Husky road bike in 2013 or 2014?  My guess?  0.00001%. 

For a company this small, with very pricey, small CC bikes, with a new ownership that doesn't have BMW's deep pockets, keep it as pure as possible, get rid of all the extra fat.  keep the model line limited but focused in one category.  

Focus on making Husky the best dirt bikes, specially since the new owner exactly knows the vulnerability of the KTM, he can really take advantage of that. 

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Oh, come on, Shiva

All of their road bike customers will both be distraught.

Reply to this Topic
Motofrog

Oct 07

Motofrog says:

I was looking forward to buying a 650 Terra. Best dual sport bike for years . Now do I buy or not ????? Is it because BMW have said no more engines at a reasonable price, or have they had a dent in hteir sales..

Reply to this Topic
vindiesel

Feb 13

vindiesel says:

Its great that KTM have bought Husqvarna and discontinued all them pretend road bikes. The Nuda is probably one of the ugliest bikes I have seen and anyone who bought one must have been missing a few brain cells

Reply to this Topic
vindiesel

Feb 13

vindiesel says:

is the new owner of husqvarna wrong to ditch road bikes

Saw a fat bloke riding one of these he looked like a freak circus show act...:lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices