You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > KTM SMT

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

PaulDutch

Aug 09

PaulDutch says:

KTM SMT

Hi..I have heard that if I start my KTM SMT and let it run for 15 minutes the ECUs and things reset. Is this right?:doubt::unsure:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 February 2013 16:31)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Sounds a bit unlikely to me,

not these days when manufacturers tell you not to leave your bike warming up for ages, but just to ride off at a steady speed as soon as able to. There are one or two folks on here have had or have KTM road bikes including the twins, maybe try posting on the general section if you get no response on this section, good luck :smile

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Hi PD

"I have heard that if I start my KTM SMT and let it run for 15 minutes the ECUs and things reset"

The engine needs to be run for 15 mins or so after a reset so as to test everything is working ok, coolant sensor etc so the bike won't overheat.

Why do you want to reset the ECU?, have you made any mods, pipes or a K&N?. If so take the bike to a KTM dealer and have the ECU remapped/reset correctly, or buy a diagnostic tuning lead and go onto tuneECU  they've got plenty of useful remap's on there, fixed the fueling issues on my mates Tiger 955 :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices