Skip to content

General Will the 200 be enough? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Will the 200 be enough?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

BikerToBe

Dec 12

BikerToBe says:

Will the 200 be enough?

Afternoon all, I went to another site (automatically dismissed at sight of 200cc) and pretty much got laughed out. Anyway .... I've got a new job quicker than expected and a bike to commute on is far and away the clever choice. And my choice is the KTM Duke 200. The journey would be a few junctions on the m25 and then an A road, bout 45 min. Question is would the mach ine with top sPeed of 85 handle such a task? I was going to wait for the 390 but time has come to get on. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 February 2013 16:33)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Ya don't have to sell KTM to me

M25 and a top speed of 85mph :shock: you work nights, yeah?

45 min commute on a Duke 200, doable for sure,but a 690 would be better :wink:

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

200cc on the motorway

The reality is that holding a single cylinder at large throttle openings for sustained periods of time will end up with it burning a fair amount of oil.

I had a KLR250 some time ago which had a top wack of 85mph and commuted on that along national speed limit country roads. On country roads it was ok but it did start to smell quite badly from burning oil. On motorways it would just about keep up with the flow of the traffic but overtaking at speed was a pain and made the exhaust smell more prevalent.

You can manage it but the bike is likely to feel a little second hand very quickly if you do it regularly. Better bet would be to pick a twistier route where you vary the throttle somewhat more.

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Got

to agree with spondonste.

Reply to this Topic
BikerToBe

Dec 12

BikerToBe says:

Verdict

Seems like its a wait for the 390 then. Cheers for the reasonable approach to advice ! 

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

BikertoBe...

Congrats on the new job....  This Forum is weird and wonderful place,one thing for sure is you will always great advice on bike related issues.... :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices