Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi and Marquez Prove Their Worth: MotoGP Session 3 Results MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi and Marquez Prove Their Worth: MotoGP Session 3 Results

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Hunt  says:

Rossi and Marquez Prove Their Worth: MotoGP Session 3 Results

The opening MotoGP test session of 2013 has finished in Sepang today, with the final timesheets showing a hint of a tantalising season ahead. Dani Pedrosa drew first blood of the winter testing campaign after topping the timesheets on each day. The Repsol Honda rider improved to a 2.01.000 in searing heat and humidity today to edge out reigning world champion...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 February 2013 10:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

When you get paid

$15 million dollars, you speak of the Corporation you work for as the best thing ever Hedgy. Are you supposed to really thrash the bike you are going to ride?

There's 15 million dollars/reason that says you don't.  You speak bad about it after you hand in your resignation. Like Fish Boy did when he signed with Honda.

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

nostro

will be doing a no show when racing starts and his little yellow friend is on the rostrum, haha

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Ratchet

I hope you two guys are man enough to admit you were wrong both about Rossi and the Ducati.

Quote whatever it is you believe I said

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

So that massive post means the sum total of nothing yeah?... you did say qualifying & testing times didn't count yeah... they're no indication of who's faster... shall I quote you?... so why are you even bothering to post?... & as you say the main player chucked the towel in half way through the day.

Dogbert - I think it's a case of we've heard it all before... he needs to produce results rather than "really happy" quotes... he's half a second up on JL compared to last year... but 0.1 down on Cal's comparative performance & he's on a satellite bike?... has Cal really suddenly clawed 0.6 seconds against JL's time?... & why?... is Cal the real story here?... as I said, it's going to be interesting.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

I will quote it bulto

Not so long ago you were adamant that Hayden was able to set the bike up better than Rossi and you were sure because of his results.Can't remember what race it was without looking but Hayden was 3rd during a practice or QP and you were saying if Hayden can do that the bike cannot be so far off.
Strange how Dovi said on twitter today the bike needs a rebuild from the ground up.
He must be wrong surely?
Hayden has also said the bike has improved over the last 2 years something else you disputed.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Ah Wosi

Peddler of the purile  -  gotta hand it to you though, you've been hanging on the ropes in recent rounds, using the same old tired defence of your boy, but just managing to stay upright on those tired old wobbly legs to see each round out. But now, a sniff of the old smelling salts in the form of the first test results and your back in ring centre, meting out some hefty blows, although not actually landing with anything significant.

You wonder why there is so much comment that you perceive to be anti Rossi? Just look at what the excited little yellow fanboys are posting as they come crawling back out of the woodwork

Rossi isn't going for a fast lap

Rossi is playing it smart

Rossi is only slower than Pedrosa and Lorenzo because he isn't dashing for the cash

Lorenzo and Pedrosa only set faster laps because they went for them in optimum conditions.

He's playing cat and mouse with them

Honda are cheating because they have previous data to draw from

Pedrosa's a headline chaser

etc etc etc

In other words, Rossi is peerless, the only reason he isn't at the top of the timesheets is because he doesn't want to be. If he did he would. We're back to the superior attitudes of previous years already. No-one is as good as he is, no-one can beat him unless he is disadvantaged in some way. He's the goat.

The accolades are pouring in like cum through your piss-hole when you see his latest helmet job. So what does it say about Cal's performance, still on last year's lower spec bike - less than 2 tenths back.

It's the first test ffs and although interesting and giving some reference as to how things will shape out, mid season will be a more representative indication of who's capable of what

But, good to see your dukes back up from your sagging sides and jabbing hard again. Don't chuck out the 3 legged stool and rope any time soon though...

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

As I'd no doubt you would try Buell

But you haven't quoted anything.

I never said Rossi was past it

I never said he wouldn't win another race

The reference to Hayden setting the bike up better than Rossi was because of the endless shite spouted about how he is better than anyone else with his feedback and set up skills. He'd just publicly bawled his eyes out after Qatar saying the bike couldn't be improved with set-up changes. Following his dismal showing at Jerez Ducati told him to use Hayden's set-up who had qualified 3rd, not 14th. Rossi's performance improved and he used it at the next race too. Rossi admitted it. It happened, I don't give a stuff if you claim it didn't or that I'm lying. It's on record. Rossi was unable to work out the best set up for the bike, therefore he wasn't getting the best out of it. That's what I said.

Your Dovi / Hayden quotes contradict each other, so what's your point. The bike finished worse off in 2012 than it ever did before. How can it be better. They're all saying it needs a major revamp - the legacy of Rossi's clear and concise development direction.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bulto

''mid season will be a more representative indication of who's capable of what''

....why not wait till the end of the season that will be even more representative of who's capable of what.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bulto

''Rossi was unable to work out the best set up for the bike, therefore he wasn't getting the best out of it.''

That is true Rossi was not alone and there were two satellite riders who also were giving feedback ..  there was also input from Hayden  who was also unable to get the best out of it.  None of the 4 current riders are getting the best out of it.  Stoner could get the best out of it ... that is a unique scenario ... I've said before that I accept that.  Generally speaking tho' it appears that the Ducati is a flawed design which peaked in 2007 and never managed to maintain that momentum ....  whether the Ducati went steadily backwards or whether the Yam's and Honda's went steadily forward is a matter for conjecture.   My opinion is that the others went forward leaving Ducati behind.   Stoners unique style made the difference .... he made an average bike look good.  It ain't that good.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

your one big pathetic excuse

I never said Rossi was past it

I never said he wouldn't win another race

Where exactly did I say either of these in my post dopey.

nost....I mean bulto you can never admit your wrong can you?

It does not matter whose setting they used.The bike is not up to the job and the more astute of us can see that but you go on believing what you want to believe but your beginning to look a bigger twat than you did before.

That reply to wosi is infantile and the words of a sad desperate man.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices