Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi ecstatic with Sepang speed MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi ecstatic with Sepang speed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Mattherw Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi ecstatic with Sepang speed

Valentino Rossi could barely contain his delight after he finished the Sepang MotoGP test with the third best time on his much anticipated return to Yamaha’s factory squad. After a disastrous two-year spell with Ducati, Rossi answered questions about whether he was still fast enough to challenge dominant Spanish duo Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo in emphatic fashion in Malaysia. The nine-times...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 February 2013 12:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
crawsue

Aug 09

crawsue says:

I think the word for Vale is,

EBULLIENT! Looking forward to a proper season of races,with 4 fighting for the championship and hopefully Cal, Alvaro,Bradley and Bradl pressing every week. If we could just see a light at the end of the Ducati tunnel it would be the dawg's! Bring on Quatar.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

relieved

sounds like rossi is kinda relieved to be fast, but after ducati dissaster i would not expect anything less than,be better for the series tho if the ducati's are up the sharp end but way too early yet to judge unless your a testing freak and think that wins races ahem!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

As Stoner said

"Just how good is that M1?" Yamaha's nr.2 rider close to Lorenzo, and Smith only 1.3 sec's from said nr.2 yesterday.

Pedro did just enough at this  test, and perhaps Lorenzo too. Sepang II should be interesting with a fitter Bradl and Spies, and our two plus one Aliens perhaps looking to put a marker down.

Hero of the test? Undoubtedly Espargaro.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Oh dear..

Nostro's take on the sport gets stranger by the day..

Espargaro did OK, but he's been on the 'works' Aprilia for over a year with the Bridgestones and has ridden a thousand laps round Sepang. Laverty was only a second shy with zero experience on the satellite ART, in front of DePuniet, and is easily the stand out CRT rider..He is a Brit though, which explains his choice.

Bradl is Nakamoto's favourite square-head and on a works RCV yet only has Bautista and rookie Smith behind him? No wonder he was losing sleep..probably been on the shitter all night.

As for Nostro's fifth Alien Spies, who once again showed us what a bottleless mummys boy he is..the less said the better.

Gonna be a long hard year for the Kiwi from upside down land, with similarly topsy turvy views. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Then again its Sepang

Rossi and M1 generally owned the place over the past M1 Rossi seasons. Hardly unpredictable. What was actually unpredictable is that he'd bounce back on the M1 this quickly. At this rate he's for sure a title contender for 2013. 

There really is no point in arguing about it. 'Its only testing' doesn't wash. The stage for 2013 has been set and its already shaped up to be a 4 horse race.  Odds favour a #99 vs #46 showdown for the title given this and that and history repeating itself. HRC riders to upset the Yamaha conveyor belt applecart on a regular basis and thats about it.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Nostro for someone who clearly likes to think of himself as an informed and knowledgeable bike guy I reckon you are gonna have to change your tune mate if you want to keep any semblance of credibility. Your comments down the years have been pretty decent at times with some good points, sometimes fairly reasonable and measured and often pretty comical...and good for winding up the Rossi ‘crazies’. (Of which I am not one – just a fan)

But while we have a lull between testing why don’t you just clear up a few questions for me?
Why do you dislike Rossi?  I reckon I missed the reasons somewhere.
When there is infinite examples, reasons and evidence to the contrary…Why/How on earth do you think the Ducati is as good as the Jap bikes?
It was pretty clear to most of us that Rossi’s failure in the last 2 seasons was because he couldn’t ride the Duke like Stoner rather than he had just lost it. Are you honestly surprised Vale is top 3?

Go on Nostro here’s your chance, some straight answers would be good. I’ll give you this though, you’re getting more mentions on here than most riders!

Reply to this Topic
thedokter46

Mar 09

thedokter46 says:

guts and bottle

u no if this had of been any other rider they would of been fuked by this 2 yrs,,, the thing is greatness is greatness valentino is a great no question ,,,,n to say again another cnut and nobjockey clown its only sepang,,very dismisively to do him down again another utter fuking tosser... oh really so its not in any way a serious test i might be a little fuked up here ,,,,but did every moto gp team and moto 2 team just go to this test,,, to er well test the bikes and the riders ability er if im not totally idiotic isnt this a gp track where on a friday sat they will do 3 or 4 race similations on a race weekend ,,,,so really all thats different is thers no race but im sure i could be totally wrong isnt a test set up to actually test the bikes ability and push the bikes to race pace and beyond ,,,,im sure unless iv developed dylexia yesterday that rossi loerenzo dani marc and all those guys did maybe 130 laps in total a race is only 23 laps yes so where in any way at all is this not a very important test and clear indication ,,,,,and to b honest bootlegger your not a rossi fan m8 ru about its serprising he has bounced back so fast ru fuking deranged ......you muppet this isnt a bloke who hs won only 2 titles in 10 yrs m8 on only 800cc bikes is it this isnt a bloke who has won only 4 titles no m8;;; this is a bloke who has won 9 / 7 of which he won in his first 10 yrs along with 85 wins bootlegger ...titles on 125/ 250 aprilias 500cc honda 990 honda 990 yamaha on the way wining 5 titles back to back to back ...and amasin a massive amount of wins and podiums m8... if rossi had won 23 races on a bike he would of won 2 titles on that bike unlike stoner 23 wins on the ducati and still couldnt win 2 titles thats a fuking disgrace ,,,,wen rossi has won titles winning only 9 races in a season so stoner should of won 2 titles back to back and been 125 points up in the 09 championship on those stats m8 he wasnt.... its not a shock to true rossi fans cos we didnt ever doubt him he is the greatest rider of this generation and thanks to his 7 yrs hard work yamaha have 6 world titles in this moto gp era,,,, m8 not bcoz of fuking lorenzo or stoner no valentino rossi so bootlegger b4 u open ur fuking trap u fraggle do some thinking and actually have something other than utter fuking drivel to say wen ur trying to do rossi down,,,,, like the other fuking wankers who spout bollox in here ur  a fuking dimlow u r fella

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

thedoktor46

Congratulations and G'day M8.

Reply to this Topic
kwakanuts

Jun 09

kwakanuts says:

stoner and his little ozzy followers have all gone quiet all of a sudden... chuffed for rossi, form is temporary, class is permanent !!!

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

I'm just

Pleased we may see some decent racing next year! been a while in Motogp!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices