Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi ecstatic with Sepang speed MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi ecstatic with Sepang speed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Mattherw Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi ecstatic with Sepang speed

Valentino Rossi could barely contain his delight after he finished the Sepang MotoGP test with the third best time on his much anticipated return to Yamaha’s factory squad. After a disastrous two-year spell with Ducati, Rossi answered questions about whether he was still fast enough to challenge dominant Spanish duo Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo in emphatic fashion in Malaysia. The nine-times...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 February 2013 12:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Stoner did a 1.59

Then came third in the championship. Great! He also had an ego, which is why often blamed marshals for his screw ups, or the weather, or lucky Rossi. Fast but flawed, but that's never acknowledged by his devotees.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Pacey

Think about it ......  I've done a bit of psychology ...... it's right  ...  all successful humans in whatever field ... singers   actors   company directors    athletes  ....it doesn't matter.   it's a vicious circle ... ego = success = bigger ego.

Simon - an unlikely ally  but I think you get it.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

DogBert

And to then carry that dislike on to here, where obviously most of his fans did watch him for the last two years, is a little confusing.

---------------------------------------------------

My Vale mates lost interest as soon as the Duke project went 'sideways', so i speak from personal experience. As for Jlo, he does ride for points and WC's. I like to see every racer on the grid go hell for leather in every race, personally.

And as for your reference to Stoner not 'backing up a title'? Is that all you have to offer? Has it ever been that important in the past for many great riders or is it just the last straw for the yellow brigade? Should i be a  Rossi fan then it would be eating at me night and day that he never stood on the top step once...............yet some buck toothed jerk from the outback did 23 times.

That's gotta hurt bud. And by your constant dismissal of Caseys efforts you prove it does with every post. 

And you can't change facts :)

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

yes he was flawed

.....he was also the fastest....not fast......thing with casey was he'd rather crash trying to win than settle for second and points for a silver trophy at the end of the season....depends how u look at it, but without doubt he is and was faster than any current rider

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

saturn

ego = success = bigger ego.

-----------------------------------------------

We'll agree to differ. There are far, far  more people in this world who achieve more 'success' in their given fied but have no ego whatsoever.

Dogbert..................................i'd take 'fast but flawed' over 'fast and looked after' through my career any day of the week bud.

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

You see it doesn't hurt

He tried and it didn't work. But he tried. And now, instead of slinking off, he's back to try again. I like that. I like that he still wants to fight for wins even after two shitty years. "Fast and looked after" Jesus you really do buy into all that victim shit Stoner spouts. If I'd had more support, the marshals don't like me, Vale's lucky, I feel sick, where's my rod, and on and on.

Fastest? 2007 & 2011 yes. 2 out of 7 is pretty good, but obviously getting beaten that much took it's toll, and off he went. Some might say his ego couldn't take it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

pacey

Dude just because your mates only watch rossi does not mean the rest of rossis fans due that. I started watching motogp in04 on moto gp.com, and as a lifelong honda fan rooted against him for no other reason than he wasnt on a honda. As the season went on however, and i learned the backstory, it was hard not to admire the dude for having the gonads to leave the unbelivably awesome rc211v for the unknown. Ive subscribed to moto gp.com ever since and watch every practice qauly and race in all 3 classes( well qualifying and race for the smaller classes). Ive been greatly entertained by the talent and showmanship that rossi brought as well as his class when losing( congratulating hayden was classy even though im sure he felt sick about it). As a rossi fan there have been bleak times, (06,07,10,11,12), but ive never once thought of abandoning watching. I love bikes. Im a big pedrosa fan as well. Also depuniet, laverty,hayden. Ive since watched most of the older seasons as well, and there is always a new rivalry forming through the years often overllapping(ex lawson vs rainey vs shwantz vs doohan) which keeps it exciting. Im older so i usually naturally root for the older guys. Its nice to see them teach a lesson occasionally. Casey is an amazing talent...he just whinged too much for. Anyways us rossi fans have been through some lean times so dont begrudge us our joy nowat the prospect of a competitive rossi again. Cheers...ps...being able to defend your title is a pretty big deal.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Pacey

yes agree to differ - however many peoples desire to succeed (ego) if it's not visible does not mean it does not exist.  Ego can be visible or invisible according to the character of the individual.  Rossi for instance has a massively visible ego hence his clowning  while Stoner on the other hand has not (his ego is probably bigger than Rossi's) but is hidden deep within his psyche. Hence his negative emotions under duress. When Stoner won he was all smiles and happiness when he lost he had a hang-dog expression because by not winning the ego had been dented.

It's simple really you just have to think outside the box.

Sorry - didn't mean to get into psychology - apologies -   back to the thread.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

On a technical note

Does anyone else have the problem of being automatically logged out if your'e logged in and don't post anything within about 10 minutes ??    Also my 'remember me' box does not work ???

Reply to this Topic
paulthew

Aug 11

paulthew says:

On a technical note: yeah, it's a pretty clunky site.

As for Rossi, I was stunned when some people thought he had lost it, before quickly realising they were the pathetic pro-Stoner/anti-Rossi mob, and knew nothing fo the sport. All mouth, no substance.

It would be exactly the same if the roles were reversed; the anti-Stoner/pro-Rossi bridgade would now be sulking, and name-calling.

You get these people in every sport. Ignore them.

For those that love motorcycle racing, it certainly looks like the making of a classic season, with Pedrosa, Lorenzo, Rossi and Marquez.. Yes, its a real shame 27 is not there, but still, we have Pedrosa finally having the chance of a real crack at the title, Lorenzo in smooth, consistant form, Rossi back and hungry, and the new kid on the block, plus a very stong supporting cast.

I'm excited!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices