Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi ecstatic with Sepang speed MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi ecstatic with Sepang speed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Mattherw Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi ecstatic with Sepang speed

Valentino Rossi could barely contain his delight after he finished the Sepang MotoGP test with the third best time on his much anticipated return to Yamaha’s factory squad. After a disastrous two-year spell with Ducati, Rossi answered questions about whether he was still fast enough to challenge dominant Spanish duo Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo in emphatic fashion in Malaysia. The nine-times...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 February 2013 12:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Dogbert...

"You're a little dumb yourself if you think Stoner could get near the front on the Ducati now."

I agree with 73mach3, he's gone, let it lie, but people keep coming up with stuff like this... on the 2009 & 10 Ducati he set race times fast enough to be on the 2nd step of the podium at PI in 2012 in very similar conditions... 2nd to himself of course... that's on a 2 year old bike with an 800cc engine. Ducati could have developed a bike that's worse than the 2010 bike but somehow I doubt it. 4th may be all that the partnership were capable of but that always included a share of race wins.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

Should we not stick with the facts ? Rossi is back and fast and should get quicker, danni & marquez had a 3 day test at sepang last year so did have an advantage for this test,..................................................... stoner is far less bothered by any of this than we are.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Cheers for the reply Nostro - very interesting.....

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

My dear old Nostro

So you are even an expert in psychology now then ?   You have the uncanny knack of criticising what I say while at the same time concurring with the sentiment of it ! You are an enigma !

Hedgy - you say 'Stoner's gone   let it lie'   then launch into a paragraph defending him - another engima - say one thing and do something else.

However I agree with what many others are saying -  It's time to let go.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Poor old Nostro

Your life must be very empy if all you can do is post 'Hate Rossi' rants all the time, you do seem to have a serious hang up about him, i know he's not everyones cup of tea but you border on crazed !!

All real race fans want is great racing, battles for wins rather than one rider out front alone, if the lead battle is Jorge, Dani, Marc and Rossi it's going to be exciting, who cares who wins as long as the race for the win is good... i know i don't, i just want a good race. 

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

You're good at obscure extrapolation Hedge...

... but not so good at what's staring you in the face. 2 seconds back is Nicky. 2 seconds is a huge gap at this stage. Dovi who's ridden both the Yamaha and the Honda say they need major changes.

Nobody is winning anything on that bike.

Reply to this Topic
mr zulu

Mar 07

mr zulu says:

Nostro

With all of your expertise,it seems in all subjects.You constantly miss the biggest most glaring one.You are a complete CUNT of the most unimaginable proportions.Im not suprised you spend so much time typing on the net,as i believe no sound could come from you mouth,due in the most part from the amount of shit that is contained in there!!

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

OH Dear

All this about Rossi only winning on top bikes. Derrrrrrrrrrrr Is that not the same across all motorsports. Take Jenson Button In 2008 he finished 18th. In 2009 he won the F1 world championship. Did he suddenly find a turn of speed over the winter, NO! the car enabled Jenson to drive how he wanted too and the car was that much faster.

This is the same for any of the top MotoGP rider. Cant see Dovi near the front can you. Shite rider or shite bike And well done Bradley you are a top rider as you are in-front of Dovi the GOAT. . And to add another point. I did not see any reports last year that Jorge or Danni wanted to take the Duke ride.
Stoner won 1 championship in 4 years on the Duke and if he continued with the Duke he would still be on 1 championship

The smile is back on the doctors face = fun and fast

At least as we go through the season will lose Nostro and crew as they will be knackered after having to get up early to watch the V8's

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Still feeling the stoner love on here. Although he was a talented rider, he was a whinging angry little shit, hence why he wasn't popular. Shame really, he was good to watch on a bike. Life doesn't owe anybody favours, it's what you make of it that counts.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Dovisioso

Andrea Dovizioso

“Yes, it was a difficult test but we didn’t expect it to be any different. We're here to improve the situation and everybody knows the level we are now so we have to improve. We tested as much stuff as we could, because we’re focused on improving the bike. The gap to the others is big, and we pushed a lot to understand the bike. I gave a lot of feedback, maybe too much! We don’t know how the next test in Sepang will be. There’s too short a time between now and then, so it’s difficult to do something big in this time. We still have to decide which parts we can bring to the second test. Unfortunately, we need time to try something big.”

Press release courtesy of Ducati Team.

Sounds like Rossi two years ago. Hopefully Audi will start kicking arse soon

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices