Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi ecstatic with Sepang speed MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi ecstatic with Sepang speed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Mattherw Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi ecstatic with Sepang speed

Valentino Rossi could barely contain his delight after he finished the Sepang MotoGP test with the third best time on his much anticipated return to Yamaha’s factory squad. After a disastrous two-year spell with Ducati, Rossi answered questions about whether he was still fast enough to challenge dominant Spanish duo Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo in emphatic fashion in Malaysia. The nine-times...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 February 2013 12:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

MrKrabs

Rossi had two years on a shite bike, three days testing, he's a gnats chuff off the pace, it's not like he's been riding a similar bike at all. So let's see how Rossi, the old washed up racer, in so many peoples eyes, progesses, along with Smith and Marquez, and I believe they both finished behind Rossi end of testing, and imo those two and Lorenzo will also finish behind Rossi, end of season, want a virtual tenner on that, lol.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

This might well be a cracking season! Rossi is back on a proper bike, Dani is in the best shape of his life. And Marc Marquez is so talented and ready to ruffle some Allien feathers. When looking at the times though, J-Lo seems to have an almost terrifying consistent race pace. My money would still be on Dani, he knows it's his last chance! Marc Marquez might have to learn a thing or 2 this season. But next season is a different story. But first the Island and Wsbk end of the month! Can't wait.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

i looked up the word cunt in the dictonary

And it said nostro, strangely the same for knobhead ,bigot and clowns pocket too.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

no opposition

fact. His main rivals pre 2007 were Biaggi and Gibernau who are second tier compared to Stoner, Lorenzo, and Pedrosa. You didnt even mention Ukawa, who Rossi beat for the 1999 250cc championship. Why? Because no one remembers him, third tier. Face it, 7 of those championships were gifted and ever since real opposition turned up he is 2/6. impressive, but no GOAT.

Reply to this Topic
velopete

Apr 05

velopete says:

anglo saxons

When you get the words "cunt"  "fuck" and "shite" in the last couple of posts, you just know it's Rossi fans talking, wonder why that is??

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

westkit

125,250, 500,990. 800 cc world titles. of those stacey managed to win in how many?? clown. Rossi may have faults but is still out there and championing the sport whilst Casey has taken his bat and ball home from the sport that has made him rich. Rossi cares not about the haters, Stacey did because he was weak.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I reckon Daijiro Kato and Poggialli could have been real contenters during Rossi's best years. Kato was so super talented, but sadly passend away. Poggialli struggled with motivation, but was also extremely talented. I read somewhere that Poggialli has taken up Racing again. Good for him. I have to agree with Weskit a little bit, Rossi didn't have the best of opponente in the premier class. Still, i reckon Rossi will fight the 3 Spaniards all the way.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

carlos

I understand yours and many others points, but is it a case of in Rossi's prime the opposition weren't that good or he made them look poor. either way he won in all classes ,and is still in the fight his year against the supposed ubber elite. IMO this year could make, finally prove the Rossi legend. Time will tell and should be brilliant to watch.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The lesser of three Evils

Rossi had three options for 2013;

nr.1 Continue with Ducati and try to repair his battered reputation. Despite Audi coming on board he felt this was a step too far for him.

nr.2 Quit the sport as a complete failure. The worst option for his ego and legacy.

nr.3 Have a quiet word to Uncle Carmelo to rustle him up a RCV or M1. HRC didn't want him. Yamaha's racing team didn't want him. But for commercial reasons Yamaha's PR dept were convinced to make it happen. Whilst still a long shot becoming Yamaha's nr.2 was his best chance to try to restore some credability.

So realistically Rossi was caught between the devil and the deep blue sea through (as usual) machinations of his own doing. I bet he regrets dicking Yamaha and Ferrari around as much as he did a few years ago now.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

weskit

Thats a slippery slope you are going down mate...no opposition. The same argument could be said about doohan, and ago. There are certain patterns with multiple champs. For sure they have to be better than everyone else. If you watch the races during rossis reign you see that the final standings dont show th whole picture. Rossi dominated the results but not the races. Biaggi and gibermeau fought heroically, its just that rossi would often squeek out the win. When you have a dominant rider retire the racing often improves as "the rest" all say " why not me?" and since they are more or less equal the racing is close. So its not just a case of no opposition. Sometimes opposition comes when you are not good enough to stand alone.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices