Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi ecstatic with Sepang speed MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi ecstatic with Sepang speed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Mattherw Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi ecstatic with Sepang speed

Valentino Rossi could barely contain his delight after he finished the Sepang MotoGP test with the third best time on his much anticipated return to Yamaha’s factory squad. After a disastrous two-year spell with Ducati, Rossi answered questions about whether he was still fast enough to challenge dominant Spanish duo Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo in emphatic fashion in Malaysia. The nine-times...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 February 2013 12:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

stoner has left the building

Absolutely true, as is the rest of your post, but there is still some fun to be had until the season starts. The forums tended to be occupied by nothing but tumbleweeds in the off-season years ago.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

rain

Donington park 2007 and sachsenring 2008 as well weskit,  although the latter race also involved the attempted murder of dani pedrosa by darth puig.

To be fair I actually really do think that  rossi's wet form on the ducati did demonstrate something about rossi ie that he still did have it and would push with a podium in prospect rather than risking injury for a 6th or 7th on that thing.  As with much recent discussion I don't see that it showed much about stoner though, although fair cop he was beaten fair and square by valentino at le mans 2012.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Valentino Rossi ecstatic with Sepang speed

Well done Vale. It was only a couple of years ago that a young buck-toothed Aussie went from spending twice the amount of time aboard the Duke that you have and jumped onto a Jap bike and was walking these tests. And he wasn't the 'GOAT'.

Well done Vale.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

overrated

it's about time this overrated child of a man hung up his boots, he's finally got some half decent competition and he's been shown he's nothing special, there's no place for him in the current breed, he's just going to embarrass himself and his zombie fans

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Steady2wheels..??

Are you drunk? Sure you're steady...??

How is a 9 times world champion who is third fastest on a bike he hasn't ridden for 2 years.... Overrated? That's a good un!

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

So much hate?

Guys, we all know Casey was the most naturally gifted rider out there but there's no point in deriding other riders who still have the cojones to ride. I would love to know his real reason for retiring as he seems to change his story in every interview that he gives. If he gave up because he had a young family and what happened to Simoncelli affected him, he should just come out and say it. Nothing wrong with that in the slightest.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

CC

Reckon your spot on as to the correct reason he retired and your also correct there is nothing wrong with that.
It is a real shame he has retired so young and deep down I am sure he will regret it eventually but it has happened so let's concentrate on the future instead arguing pointlessly about the past.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

quite right farnackle, seems every yellow panty wearer and his dog is out inforce giving his 2 cents. After two years in the doldrums where Florence was chasing his ass and moaning every excuse under the sun to Ducati when he didnt deliver, we see that .4 seconds behind the leader in testing has bought back the frothing-at-the-mouth zombies eager to rebuild the image of their once great hero.

Florence the Goat??  yeah if you mean one of the grass eating kind...

And the TRUE GOAT? the man in my display pic

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

ridgeracer

No need to be silly. It is close to impossible to over-rate rossi . If he is past it which I don't believe is the case myself then that doesn't detract from what he did previously, which was to stay at the pinnacle of gp bike racing for more than a decade which as mick doohan says actually is close to impossible.

I am an avid stoner fan but even I didn't think he had his heart completely in it  last year which he commenced at the age of only 26.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Rossi v Stoner?!

There never really was a great rivalry between the 2 of them on the races track. Sure there was Laguna 08 but other than maybe another 3 or 4 incidents that was it. No one will ever compile a brilliant load of footage of fairing bashing, close racing down the years of them together 'cos it just wasn't like that.

Yeah they had the occasional spats in press conferences/interviews but they did not enjoy classic racingclose  battles together. The rivalry was all brought about by the 'crazy' fanatics for the 2 riders - it was fan rivaly not racing rivalry.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices