Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi ecstatic with Sepang speed MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi ecstatic with Sepang speed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Mattherw Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi ecstatic with Sepang speed

Valentino Rossi could barely contain his delight after he finished the Sepang MotoGP test with the third best time on his much anticipated return to Yamaha’s factory squad. After a disastrous two-year spell with Ducati, Rossi answered questions about whether he was still fast enough to challenge dominant Spanish duo Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo in emphatic fashion in Malaysia. The nine-times...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 February 2013 12:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

just viewed your link Wosi

Makes Rossi's performance even more remarkable. So what price race-craft now?   And the haters are gloating over a mere 0.4 of a second after the first test.

farnarkle -  Bazza went to Oz for the benefit of his health - no other reason.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEqR48hAWwM

Stoner hits the afterburners..

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

the greatest

Rocky marciano retired undefeated.

All the Vietnam stuff derailed ali's career more than somewhat though.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

diabolical73 (your iq)

I put it 3 times darling because I know you read it once with your left eye, once with right eye and finally with your japs eye when your knocking one out over your screen looking at a half naked sweaty picture of your beloved vale.....you obiously start to type your comments as you empty your ball sack.....that would explain why your comments have zero base in motogp facts......there's some special yellow vale catching cloths on ebay right now.....they even do an extra small size.....xxx

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

edwards and capirossi

The answer wosi is either that rossi was a lot better than edwards and stoner was a lot better than capirossi , or that their bikes weren't the same. I tend to the former myself.

Surely you must realise all this top speed stuff is nonsense if you have been watching motorport as long as I have which would seem to be the case. Yes, the story of modern F1 has been the constant search for straightline performance at the expense of grip/handling, and the Aprilia cube has won the last 10 motogp championships.

Setting aside that  Stoner's unconventional riding style particularly on the ducati influenced his corner exit and hence his straightline performance on subsequent straights, apart from a tyre durability advantage on some tracks straightline performance was all the ducati had, and the engine characteristics which gave that performance may well have been a strong contributor to the poor rideability of the thing. If you listen to  rossi himself  whilst at ducati he said from the get-go that the power delivery/focus on ultimate power even from the big bang engine current during his tenure was too extreme. For that matter, a very significant part of  the whole  story of recent yamaha success  has been the cross plane inline 4, which you have correctly lauded valentino for going with, hardly an engine designed with brute power as the object.

You pays your money and you takes your choice as they say wosi. One thing which is true is that having a straightline advantage means overtaking can be done fairly simply on the straights, if in range. Basically no-one else other than stoner in the whole ducati 800 era was able to get the thing through the corners with sufficient rapidity to be in range for the straightline performance to be of any utility.  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

p.s......diabollox

Sorry I ride an old honda.....my brain is bigger than my arse......therefore I know that 150 odd bhp is more than enough for any road bike cheers

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

From the mouth of C Edwards

Do you really think me and Vale had the same motorcycle?

Can't compare the performance of team mates because Colin was riding a satellite Yam with factory stickers.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

C'mon Wosi

Looking forward to hearing how Stoner's Ducati behaved differently from the rest - couldn't possibly have been his ability to adapt his riding style that got it through the corners could it?

Basically no-one else other than stoner in the whole ducati 800 era was able to get the thing through the corners with sufficient rapidity to be in range for the straightline performance to be of any utility.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong...

but wern't Edwards & Rossi on the very same bike (Edwards bike in fact) at Suzuka 8 hr race and Rossi lapped consistently quicker? When hopping onto a Yam R1 to try and ride with a broken leg; didn't Rossi lap quicker than the WSB boys had the day before? Wasn't he the winner of Monza rally in a Fiesta? Did he lap within a second of Schumacher in Ferrari F1 test? Think he did pretty good in some WRC event too if I remember. Reckon there's plenty of general evidence , the guy is quick!

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Marciano?

He's not even greatest heavyweight. Go read up on Sugar Ray Robinson, then we can talk.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices