Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi ecstatic with Sepang speed MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi ecstatic with Sepang speed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Mattherw Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi ecstatic with Sepang speed

Valentino Rossi could barely contain his delight after he finished the Sepang MotoGP test with the third best time on his much anticipated return to Yamaha’s factory squad. After a disastrous two-year spell with Ducati, Rossi answered questions about whether he was still fast enough to challenge dominant Spanish duo Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo in emphatic fashion in Malaysia. The nine-times...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 February 2013 12:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

marciano

hard to do better than retire undefeated

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

There's a few retired undefeated

Joe Calzaghe did, and he's not the greatest either. 128 fights, 84 knockouts, and 1 defeat to LaMotta, who had a 16lb (7.2kg) weight advantage. Robinson then beat him the next 5 times they fought. 

Robinson was named the greatest fighter of the 20th century by the Associated Press, and the greatest boxer in history by ESPN.com in 2007. The Ring magazine rated him the best "pound for pound" boxer of all-time in 1997, and its "Fighter of the Decade" for the 1950s. Muhammad Ali, who repeatedly called himself "The Greatest" throughout his career, ranked Robinson as the greatest boxer of all time.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

it's true

When Rossi tested an R1 at Brno he lapped faster than Biaggi had during the race. Demonstrates yet again what pitiful opposition he had pre-2007.

If straight-line speed was all that mattered then motogp bikes would look like this.

Reply to this Topic
mickrainey

Feb 13

mickrainey says:

Scared

Moaners real reason for leaving is because he's scared....

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Wosi, you're right!

I did indeed have a lapse of humour, and I apologise.  Normally, your attempts to twist the facts to suit your argument results in superbly risible stuff, I must have been off my oats.

Let's re-cap, shall we? a top speed advantage determines the outcome of the race - so as long as one can find evidence that a specific bike is faster than another one, it will obviously win.  The actual speeds obtained in the race are irrelevant - as long as the bike is capable of a higher top speed, it must de facto win.  It doesn't matter that the 'evidence' isn't even from the same track, weekend, country..

So why the heck do they hold a race anyway? What a waste of everybody's time and effort. Surely Dorna could simply look up the charts, rank all the bike/rider combinations in order of top speed and get on with the post 'race' celebrations which are the really important thing.

All those nasty little problems of rider ability (as a rider, rather than as an all-round entertainer and comedian)  would go away!  'Race' fans could vote a rider off the tribe! Forum trolls would determine the series outcome!  Rossi will still be rolling in those WCs when he's 75!

I think you're onto something seriously (I mean, humorously)  good here, Wosi - go for it!  Power to the keyboard, damn the historians, full speed ahead and up the guts with bags of smoke.

Reply to this Topic
widdy

Dec 12

widdy says:

Farnarkle

Rossi will still be rolling in those WCs when he's 75!

I think you will find wosi is 75 and rides a yellow Vespa emblasened with the number 46 on the side panels.

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

I love

internet forums. keeps the arguments going long past their bed times!:blink:

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

boxing

Marciano was before my time, but my father who did some boxing himself really rates him. He also operated before the alphabet soup days, when the world champion was the world champion, particularly the heavyweight champion.

I was being a little mischievous because the same argument applies to marciano as is (correctly imo) applied to the early part of valentino's career, ie he could do no more than beat those who turned up to compete against him, which he did mostly by knockout, in which he was probably also similar to rossi.

I am aware of how highly boxing analysts rate Sugar Ray Robinson, and also saw the 1st Ali vs Frazier fight and the Rumble in the Jungle live on (black and white) TV as a schoolkid. Ali beating Foreman the way he did when he was given no chance was quite something. Going by the film "When We Were Kings" he was at his peak before his enforced absence though cf the Liston "phantom" punch;  I found that film fascinating.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

double

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Absolutely agree.
Diabler “internet forums. keeps the arguments going long past their bed times!”

Bored to tears in 2013 of everyone recycling the same old views and arguments year after year. I’m gonna try and keep out of all that rubbish from now – new season coming up lets look forward not back.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices