Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

HAD IT

I'm over 53 and I've rode bikes since I was 7 first rode on the rd at 15

I am realy getting sick of hearing /reading about so called bikers say we should be good little girls and boys and not speed, ride noisy bikes, and we should all wear amarni suits and ride very quiet BMW R65's.

Maybe we should take a leaf out of the angels, outlaws n rats ,, or lets form one big group and help each other out when needed, Most people buy bikes 'cos they love them and the lifestyle - the speed the rush of doing a bit of street racing. The rallies and of course the comaraderie what old timers call the brother hood.

Wouldn't it be funny if we could arrange all the London bike riders bikes to  break down on the same day and same time so the roads were blocked every month till police and government stood up and listened, then the rest of the worlds bikers might cotton on too.

One other thing this is aimed at .the POSER. The ones who buy bikes just to look at themselves in shop windows as they cruise by on their BIG BIKE. Buy a fucking Porshe, Aston or a Robin Reliant and leave bikes to bikers not to accidents waiting to happen.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 February 2013 07:57)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

Reliant Robin

not Robin Reliant ffs!

Just off to work in my Focus Ford.

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

happy days

wiv da reliant regal fuck da robin, 700ccs of pure drifting fun, especially with the wheels turned inside fer more grip.

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Babyrocket

Come on..The Regal had 700cc's of roaring power. The Robin had 850cc.
Had both the car and van in the Regal, used to buy a £50 banger and put bike away for the really bad days. The were great fun, went off the clocks (90mph) and if you had a mate hanging out the open window sidecar style, could corner pretty quickly.  :huh: 

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Guilty

I always check myself out when passing large shop fronts. :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Always fancied

a Bond Bug myself, at least it had a bike engine :lol:

Reply to this Topic
sprag

Aug 02

sprag says:

I had a Reliant Robin van

it was fantastic. I could get it up on 2 wheels almost every corner if I had a mind. It would easily do 70mpg on a decent drive out.  I took it down to Cornwall one time with a mate who was a bit large [18st] and I wasn't much smaller :winkie:. We had a load of camping gear in the back, my mate's fishing gear and my tool kit just in case [never needed it] and it was fine. Down the motorway at a steady 70mph. I sometimes wish I still had that little brown dustbin [is what I called it] it was so much fun to drive.

I also owned an early model Bond convertable. You used to have to lift the bonnet up to kick start the crazy thing. Was a Villiers 197cc single cyliner engine in there. what an ace little car for just wazzing round town in or the odd steady drive out in the country with a couple of mates to help push start the thing if it refused to start. lol

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

bikers, 4x4's

Loved messing around with neighbours who are greenies, used to run a classic Range Rover 3.5 v8 with full st steel exhaust on!  told em that we are after a P38 range rover..oh the look of disgust was classic..!

Daily drop off truck, chipped volvo V70 TDI..(audi lump) 170PS (so far)..:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

got to admit

i had a regal van and a robin  but also had the bigger brother the scimmiter

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

we had a reliant

robin with no reverse gear:shock: absolutely great in the snow:smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

had a regal

and a robin, but the regal van ended up with a 1300cc vauxhall viva engine fitted into it, funny as fook because the gear lever was near enough on the back seat, went like a train and used to piss the snooty owners of larger cars right off when it came past on the M62 looking ready for take off, speedo jammed at the stop and very unstable, it had to go when i got done for 102mph on the 62 in leeds.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices