Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies plays safe in Sepang MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies plays safe in Sepang

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies plays safe in Sepang

Ben Spies opted not to ride on the final day of his long awaited Ducati debut in Sepang while he continues a long and gruelling recovery from major right shoulder surgery. The Texan arrived in Malaysia having been out of action since he badly damaged his right shoulder in a crash during a rain-hit race at Sepang back in October. Major winter...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 February 2013 09:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Herr Gobshite

will have a lot to work on from Ben's assessment of the Duke then, or maybe he'll just keep on tweaking the springs, lol.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Spies

when he's fit, will push the Desmo to its limit, I'm sure. It's early days yet to write of the Desmo or Spies, for that matter. Time will tell but the positive thing is that we now have riders that will take it to the limit and not just cruise around! Ciao

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Bend over Ben..

Speez is a massive disappointment and Big Girls Blouse.

He'll end up doing himself a mischief on that bike.

Ducati are complete and utter shite...can't wait for the Panigale to round off the embarrasment and all the poncy middle-aged born again gaylords, who angle-grind their knee sliders, to defect to Harley.

Eddy..I've got a nice 883 in at the moment..right up your street it is..one lady owner in Orange..Masangy kangaroo skin bar tassles..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Come on Wosi....

I`m a big fan of yours, but also a Ducati owner and restorer. So I feel slightly offended there by your ill will to the Panigale and Ducati!!!

As for pushing the Duc to the limit, I agree with what Eddy says, although not what he actually meant! i.e. Yes, there are people there who will push it to the limit....but sadly that limit is what the problem is. Naive in the xtreme to think Spies will make it go better than Rossi or Hayden. As for Iannone, I always thought he was a bit over-rated. Too flaky. Fast though, so its not impossible for him to improve, and I think Bradley Smith will beat him this year. Occasional flashes of brilliance by Iannone will not cut it in the big class. 

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

cheekymonkey..

Well..you know what I mean.

I've seen the pics of your bevel and, mucho respect lad..don't look like you were born again yesterday to me. Concur with your analysis too, shall we have children?

Anyway..where the fk is RawDawg?

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Wosi & Cheekymonkey

If you two have a litter can I have a pup please,  lol.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

wosihound

I can only think of one person who would fit your description of "born again gaylords" and that's your GOAT!!! Flossi Rossi!! Haha!! And in case you"re semi blind or not able to recognise a Ducati in a foto, I ride Ducatis, we'll leave you wth your 883 tractor, thanks very much! Maybe Rossi would like it? Lol!!!!!!!!! The other thing is that, I'm not a massive Spies fanatic like you see to be with Flossi but everyone recognises that, for the last 2 years, Flossi has been "cruising around" picking up a big pay check and if you can't see that, well, you must be the only one o this forum! Spies, for all his fauts, and I'm sure he has a lot, is a trier! You don't win a WSBK title at your first try if you're not and at the same time a very fast rider. Looking at it subjectively, and not through the rosy rimmed glasses that you wear when talking about your "gaylord" hero Flossi, he had some very bad luck last year or was it poor support on the part of Yamaha? We'll see what happens as the season unfolds. I reckon he'll go well on the Desmo, once he's fit and got a handle on the bike and now that Ducati can get on with developing the bike and not "undeveloping" it, as has been the case over the last 2 years with Rossi"s development "skills" Haha!!!Ciao

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Not

really the case Eddy. If Rossi was cruising and not trying, as you say, then the only logic one can assume is that Rossi is indeed the GOAT because he outperformed all the other Ducati riders whilst not even trying.

For a detractor of Rossi such as yourself, thats a strange point of view. 

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

No Eddy..Ben Spies is not a trier.

He gave up last year after a few straight-talking words from Yamaha put him in the picture

He spat the dummy when Jorge told him Rossi was taking his place and used social media to tell the world he was leaving, when in actual fact, he got booted out..then allowed his Mom go on the warpath in the paddock.

He felt sorry for himself instead of gritting his teeth.

He didn't complete the test at Sepang.

He's a homesick Yank, out of his depth at this level, who had it easy in the USA winning all the time, and barely beat a bashed up ageing Haga for the title in WSB. 

Spies believed his own hype, but losing and being so far down the field has done his head in..and Mate..he ain't ever coming back from where he is now, on that bike.

How many times did he fall off last year on the sweetest handling bike out there? If he rides it loose and reckless, he'll hurt himself.

I appreciate you are a big Ducati fan and, as a result, don't expect a well constructed, objective view of their recent GP efforts. naturally, you're looking to lay the blame at Rossi's door, which ain't not looking promising so far. 

Personally, I reckon they'll be fighting off the ARTs this year and podiums will be in their dreams.

Like you say, we'll see if they can close the gap next test without any development, and how they fare throughout the season..

BUT make no mistake Pal..wosi will be here to remind you of your bold and reckless fanboy claims when the horror becomes apparent, even to a senile old fucko like your good self. 

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I'm not sure whether

Wosi is more scared of a Rossi failure this year, or Ducati success.

Interesting comments by Spies "it's nothing like I've read". A couple of seconds away from the front whilst pussying around with a weak shoulder indicates potential. Certainly a better show than Rossi two seconds off the pace at Phillip Island last year - a track 25% shorter in time than Sepang.

Looking forward to seeing what Spies and Dovi do at Sepang II.

Bring back the C.F chassis. On the more compliant Rossi spec 'stones it might well be a very viable option again.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices