Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies plays safe in Sepang MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies plays safe in Sepang

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies plays safe in Sepang

Ben Spies opted not to ride on the final day of his long awaited Ducati debut in Sepang while he continues a long and gruelling recovery from major right shoulder surgery. The Texan arrived in Malaysia having been out of action since he badly damaged his right shoulder in a crash during a rain-hit race at Sepang back in October. Major winter...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 February 2013 09:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Wosi

We'll see!!!!! You certainly have a way with words even if they seem to descibe more you than me! Lol!!!!!!!Do you actualy ride a bike or is your biking experience solely related to tractors? Rossi, has had his day and no matter what bike he's on he won't win another championship. He coasted around for 2 years, most of the time doing nothing except moaning and demanding changes which achieved nothing and when he realisded that he couldn't hack it, he slunk back to Yamaha with his tail between his legs. Another thing, you know nothing about me but at least I'm not scared to post my fotos and not of dogs! As I said, I'm not a Spies fanatic but at least he will push the Desmo which is a lot more than can be said about Flossi. Everything he has done has set back Ducati 2 years!! As Nostro said, bring back the CF chassis. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

god your full of shit Nostro

When Rossi first got on the Ducati he had just had a massive shoulder reconstruction and looked like death. But according to you it was fine and it was a weak excuse for not being able be on the pace from the off. Give it up before you look like the total loser most of us know you are to the rest of the blinkered pawns.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

wosi - think you've nailed it with that last post.  Spies went right down in my estimation last year when he decided to wage his failed online media campaign, rather than keep his mouth shut, man up and just ride the best bike on the grid.  his most competitive days are most likely now behind him, and i believe he's riding to save his GP career this year.

nostro - please give the rossi baiting a rest - it's getting tiresome for someone that i thought was so erudite.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Lessons in life..

Old wosi has been paying attention for quite some time and would wager he's ridden more bikes than Eddy's had wanks over his photo's, although it's probably close..

The natural order of things mean we all grow older, slow down, get a few more aches & pains..usually becoming a little more sensible and aware of our vulnerability along the way.

Top sportsmen have to deal with this well known fact in condensed terms. Their sell-by-date comes around a lot quicker and it is probably one of the hardest things to judge when you should quit, especially if you're still at the top.

Like Jockeys, riders are but part of the equation in their sporting success. The horse does the running like the bike covers the miles. Lorenzo didn't sprint 170 laps of Sepang at the test..he piloted his bike. They are not fighters or rugby players, whose bodies are everything..and, if they stay largely injury free and still have the motivation, can extend careers beyond the competitive norm.

Rossi must be aware he's approaching an age where many have retired..I think in 'modern times' only Phil Read, nearly 40 years ago, has won the title at a more advanced age than Val is now. It won't be easy and he has said as much.

A broken leg, the first big injury of his career, and Marco have only seved to heighten this awareness, probably altering the way he rides a little. At Ducati, he simply was not prepared to try and ride the bike over it's ill defined limits to get 4th or 5th, like previous riders.

In practice/testing, he crashed more often than at any point in his career other than the start..so he was trying to identify that limit.

Herein lies Ducati's problem..Due to lack of front end feel, world class riders keep crashing the fkn thing because the tipping point is so vague.

Marquez fell losing the front and said he knows where the limit is now. Not so at Ducati.

The new Ducati riders will have to re-assess parameters and it is going be a painful learning curve.

The pain will be all the greater for realising it doesn't matter how brave or determined they are, the same thing is going to happen time & time again..as the opposition disappear into the distance.

That can break a Man's spirit..and with nothing on the horizon to change things, this year will be a real test for Dovi and Spies.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

That look of death you describe CCB

was fear.

Reply to this Topic
thejudge

Sep 09

thejudge says:

well everyone knew that the duke needed another frame (redesign) from last year,(a larger one where they could put the weight where it needed to be,not a 250 sized one, my opinion) might have helped,.leavin out the stoner / flossi crap, hayden, many seasons ridin the thing says they need something big,and it has not changed in three months,speaks volumes about ducatis attitudes and the direction they take, surely with these new pilots  etc they should have had another version to test, instead of doing fuk all (again) more of the same (its not ready  till july crap) coming up in 2013, they wont count with this krap attitude

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Reverse gear..

There are plenty of technically challenged fans calling for a return the CF monocoque concept.

What baffles me, is why stop there?

Why not go the whole hog and go back to the steel trellis frame that brought rider & manufacturer titles. The GP7/8 amassed 17 wins in the last two seasons before it was replaced? 

I mean..the CF bike chopped that win statistic to just 7 the following in two years following it's introduction - Five wins a season less - and saw Ducati drop to bottom of the current MSMA pile in the manufacturer standings?

What the hell were they playing at?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Well obviously Wosi

I don't mean the CF chassis in isolation. It would have to incorporate your famous 50mm flexible headstock attributes from the pipe framed bike.

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Ben Spies

This might be considered as off topic but I have a comment about Ben Spies. He's recovering from a serious shoulder injury and 2 seconds off the pace. So this means that he's right on the Ducati pace whilst adjusting to the red devil and injured. So I for one am looking forward to seeing how well he goes once he is fully recovered and racing starts again. As for Rossi, I heard that he said (of the Ducati after his first test on it) that he had made the biggest mistake of his life. Cheers,

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Mort

interesting thought that mate. We`ll all have to wait n see eh? The lad deserves a bit of luck.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices