Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies plays safe in Sepang MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies plays safe in Sepang

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies plays safe in Sepang

Ben Spies opted not to ride on the final day of his long awaited Ducati debut in Sepang while he continues a long and gruelling recovery from major right shoulder surgery. The Texan arrived in Malaysia having been out of action since he badly damaged his right shoulder in a crash during a rain-hit race at Sepang back in October. Major winter...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 February 2013 09:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Who let the dogs out?

No Wosi. I do remember rightly. You assertively and ignorantly quoted some dumb arse link stating the headstock of the piped framed bike flexed 50mm. The headstock, not a measurement taken at the wheel spindle. Only once Nostro pointed out the damn fool nature of such a notion did you go trolling the Internet for lateral and torsional flex references in a pathetic attempt to backtrack. 

Nostro knows about these things. It was 1992 and I'd just put an Ohlins suspension unit in the race bike. Ex Rainey suspension engineer Robert Taylor helping me to set it up. He told me then my 40mm forks probably flexed (through the headstock and stanchions) when measured at the spindle up to 30-40mm under heavy braking.

Quite right Dogberk, Pedrosa did put a marker down. The difference to Yamaha's nr.2 rider being he could do so with a margin in hand.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Pay attention..!

Oh right..so Ducati's problems were down to fork flex, nothing to do with vertical axis forces imparted on the tubular front subframe?

Measuring it at the wheel spindle incudes fork flex. Measuring subframe deflection at the sterring stem spindle does not..which is where you're getting confused again.

Ducati had to keep strengthening the headstock area with increasingly dense pipework, it started to have serious negative affects on cooling and also restricted air flow into the engine via a dimensionally compromised airbox.

Now we've got that cleared up..what are your reasons for mumbling on about a return to CF?  Other than to weasel out of your prediction Rossi was washed up and, provide an excuse for the incoming riders who you reckon are faster and better at development.

Name dropping about past exploits in a backyard series that has less talent than a fast trackday here in the UK, won't help you out either. 

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Arrh

Thats where your going wrong Wosi!! you havent name dropped enough to prove what your saying is true. Quote some suspension fella from 21 years ago and it becomes a fact, and makes everyone elses opinions bullshit.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Baffling yourself with bullshit again Wosi.

So now you're crucifying (quite rightly) the pipe framed bike, which by virtue of previous comments, you intimated Corse should have kept rather than go down the CF route. As back flipping and inconsistent as that fallen yellow sun god of yours. 

Brighter ones than you or CCB will note Robert Taylor was mentioned in context. As opposed to Buelligan's 'I've met Rossi and he's shared all his intimate secrets with me' bollocks. 

An evolution of the CF chassis with the more compliant Rossi spec tyres would be a very interesting proposition.

I'll be off now, game of golf to play in the chilly European sun.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Hahaha..don't forget your coat.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Oh Nostro,Golf??

You sit there on the throne youve made for yourself, Golf??? ffS.... Mountain biking for fitness ,motocross to improve the skills, trackdays to get a feel for the bike before the season starts again..... fucking golf.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Next you'll be telling us that you'll come home to a pipe, slippers and a cup of Cocoa  after your golf day in the chilly European sun.

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Nostro the un-seer

Buddha has said

''The fool who knows of his ignorance, indeed, through that very consideration becomes a wise man. But that conceited fool who considers himself learned is, in fact, called a fool.''

Reply to this Topic
ambushed61

Nov 10

ambushed61 says:

G.O.L.F  Hmm, grumpy old limpdick fuc**r

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I didn't expect you to understand CCB

The golf swing is a complicated bio-mechanical movement combining power, athleticism, coordination and timing. The game itself is also very mentally challenging.

If it's good enough for King Kenny, it's good enough for Nostro.

Good boy Trippy. You live your life according to sayings attributed to a two and a half thousand year old dead man. Still, that's not a bad quote. You're getting your Karma back under control then? The last I saw of you here involved a lot of foul mouthed ranting. Religion - Humanity's curse upon itself.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices