Skip to content

Discuss This Michael Laverty makes stunning MotoGP debut in Sepang MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Michael Laverty makes stunning MotoGP debut in Sepang

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Michael Laverty makes stunning MotoGP debut in Sepang

Few people would have given Michael Laverty a prayer of finishing third fastest CRT rider ahead of this week’s three-day MotoGP test at the long and technical Sepang track. Yet the Irish rider produced one of the big surprises of the first major test of 2013 when he rode the Paul Bird Motorsport Aprilia ART machine to a best lap of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 February 2013 09:27)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nice idea in theory Wosi

but would the major factories back that kind of change ?    If not and HRC plus Yamaha pulled the plug the only alternative would be a Moto1 class which IMO would produce the sort of racing that everyone hankers after but on the other hand would upset the MotoGP purists.   All in all - like it or not - forward is the only way to go which unfortunately means scalextric bikes where the riders just provide ballast.   Personally not being a purist I would welcome the Moto1 approach and get back to real man to man racing.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

No..

Of course they wouldn't Saturn..it would mean they might get some competition.

What I find interesting, is this new deal where Suzuki will have to go through an IRTA team to get on the grid, which presumably will apply to any other Factory thinking of swelling the ranks?

Will Suzuki, as most defintely a Manufacturer, get invited to join Honda, Yamaha & Ducati in the MSMA thereby having more say in future rules and more power?

Call me cynical if you like, but I'd be surprised.

After spending millions to decimate competition under rules made for them..would Honda weaken their position by giving equality to Suzuki, Aprilia, BMW & Kawasaki?

Nakamoto has said he's not interested in good racing don't forget.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
VisorViews

Dec 12

VisorViews says:

Rainmakers looking pretty silly now after his anti-Laverty outburst.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Didn't KR JR run a Honda engine in a custom chassis in 2006 and do pretty well?

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Visorviews, well spotted mate..

..I'm not the sharpest knife in the, err...knife-thing.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

MrKrabs

Yes Honda provided 5 cyclinder engines for Kenny Roberts and Kenny junior rode the KR211V  to 6th in the championship in 2006.  Honda also provided Kenny with 800cc engines in 2007 but the bike was not competitive and Kenny withdrew due to lack of funding.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

That was some impressive debut for laverty. Correct me if im wrong, but isnt laverty on the paulbird chassis with the aprilla motor and spec ecu? His teammate is on the full ART...aprillia motor and chassis. Maybe the paulbird frame has gotten rid of the chatter that seem to plague the art out of the box. Anyways great opportunity and hes really delivering the goods

Reply to this Topic
kwakakid

Mar 09

kwakakid says:

well impressed

Really pleased for mr laverty,lets hope he keeps the momentum going, obviosly gone into it in the correct frame of mind, really hope he gets his rewards next year, stay safe Michael.

Reply to this Topic
Mintyj87

Sep 12

Mintyj87 says:

"There is so much emphasis put on how long it takes to adapt to the tyres and the brakes and how much harsher the more rigid MotoGP bikes are to ride" correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he riding CRT not Motogp

Reply to this Topic
2vforeva

Sep 11

2vforeva says:

Good effort

Hats off to Laverty. Adjusting to the bridgestones alone is a good effort. But the carbon brakes will need some major recalibration of the brain and adapting of some muscle memory.
I know the PBM boys really want to try there new frame etc. Hopefully they will have a the same ART available next time for him to use for reference. I'd surely hope so!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices