Skip to content

Discuss This Honda unveils two new 700s in US New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Honda unveils two new 700s in US

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Honda unveils two new 700s in US

In a surprise move, Honda has just unveiled two new varients of its novice-friendly NC700 V-twin – but it's not yet certain they'll be coming to the UK. The two scooter-cruiser hybrids, unveiled in Chicago and aimed, primarily, at the American market, are dubbed the CTX700 and CTX700N – with CTX derived, Honda say, from 'Comfort, Technology and eXperience' while thew...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 February 2013 14:55)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Thyu

Well said! Trouble is you're talking to the toy "biker" brigade on hear Who're quite happily stuck in the 20th century & Honda keep trying to pander to them by creating these half way houses. They have the technology to build ptw's for this century, the Griffon for example but they keep failing to deliver.

Reply to this Topic
flydnb

Oct 12

flydnb says:

@tamashihyu

im sorry but we are all entitled to an opinion, if you like it then fine but we are also allowed to have our views, we all love bikes for different reasons and i think these bikes look vile , bland and boring, having a bike for me is about going for a ride and coming back with a grin, and also having a bike that i like the look of , these bikes would do niether IN MY OPINION, so dont get you knickers in a twist and allow others to voice an opinion .

thank you.

Reply to this Topic
ClaretEverywhere

Oct 08

People are so small-minded.

Why is this a 'surprise move' by Honda? I'm not remotely surprised. The NC700 range was designed around a single frame and engine configuration that could be given different chassis bits and different clothes, thereby appealing to various kinds of rider. We've got the 'naked', 'adventure' and 'scooter' versions over here. Why shouldn't other markets be offered 'cruiser' and 'dress tourer' versions? I can't believe how blinkered some people are. The UK bike market is miniscule in comparison with the USA's. Why wouldn't Honda create a version for transatlantic tastes?

And why are these 'scooter-cruiser hybrids'? Because automatic is an optional extra? So in other words, a VFR1200 is a scooter-sports-tourer hybrid, is it? It wasn't just the ludicrous price that killed the DN01; this kind of crass pigeon-holing by the press played a big part too.

Reply to this Topic
steven.hood7

Jan 08

steven.hood7 says:

Bring it on !!

OH YES,! Put stableizers on it and its mine! All 4ft nothing of me.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Yeh thyu.....

We should all grow up and keep our opinions to ourselves... hang on the bike is shit to look at and I'm at least 2ft taller than you so.... you need to grow up.

Reply to this Topic
Kingsil

Mar 09

Kingsil says:

First rule of business, know your market

Love 'em or hate 'em Honda are always innovating. These economical modular bikes are perfect for the cash strapped slump which is now in it's fifth year. Those people who hate them have a point but Honda needs to sell bikes now and the NC family are selling by the shed-load across Europe. These low riding versions are perfectly styled for the Americans. British biking has always been race-bike led from the sixties cafe racers to the GSXR boys in the eighties and the massive WSB crowds of the nineties. We like our adrenaline hit but without a fresh injection of young blood, on bikes they can afford to buy and run now, when the good times return there may only be us old farts left.

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

China know's the Market

Not sure if Honda will have a Market in the future as we will be inundated with bikes of this type soon from China.

Have you seen Sport And Leasure,the CFMoto ST for a little over 5k and apparantly it's very good.

It's a wake up call as this is probably only the start,eventualy we may see similer machines from China that are made in the EU

Can you imagine a Chinese GS or a Chinese Street Triple,how about a Chinese CTX700 for 2k less

They could well take over the Market leaving only some of the big players

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Sprintman52!

I've read that report on the new CF Moto ST and if it turns out to be as good as it looks, they should sell a shed load, and a very big shed at that! Its a style of bike with very little competition at the moment, a middleweight with low seat that will suit a lot of men and women who don't want a 1200 monster tourer. If its reliable and the finish is good, then look out Japan! I recently bought a pair of adjustable 3 finger levers off Ebay for my Tiger 800 from China and the quality is as good as anything else I've seen and I've been in engineering for 40 years so I know good material. Similar Triumph offerings are £160, these were £34 in a choice of colours delivered to my door in 9 days! All other manufacturers have a right to be worried.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

They're both so..........

...........ugly they should be classed as cruisers.

Reply to this Topic
Room101

Oct 12

Room101 says:

hope they sell loads of em

Well I wont be buying one. But I hope the Yanks buy truckloads of them, Don’t forget that the reason we can ride Fireblades is because Mr Honda designed and sold millions of Cubs! @sprintman, I think one of Honda’s biggest sellers, the CBF125, is already made in China. I think Yamaha’s YBR125 is also made in China (my son had one – not bad quality, very reliable). The BMW 650 lumps are made in China from Rotax design. The Chinese are already here, disguised with Jap and German stickers on them to make people feel better. What is surprising, given the low sell price, is, I hear the Honda 700cc bikes are made in Japan.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices